Call Disconnect .... Then hear someone else dialing a number

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
Privatepilot
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows
Router: Home Hub 2000

Call Disconnect .... Then hear someone else dialing a number

Post by Privatepilot »

The weirdest thing happened during a call yesterday. I was chatting with a friend from Vancouver on my Fongo Home Phone line. The call quality started degrading, cutting out, and pixelating. Then all of a sudden, it clicked into someone else’s dialing a 10-digit number. Along the scenario of my call merging into someone else’s if you follow…. then the phone went dead.

I then tried to call my friend back but my line stayed out of commission for about 3-5 minutes before service was fixed.

Also yesterday evening, many people tried to call my line, and got either a dead line with no ring or voicemail, and or a message saying system failure or call failed. This happened to numerous people calling me from cell phones and POTS lines.

This is concerning on two fronts…. The service quality of Fongo home phone remains finicky at best on a daily basis. Secondly, what is the security of our conversations if my call is being potentially merged in with someone else’s randomly.

Can someone please let me know if Fongo has plans to upgrade their service to offer reliability so that when someone picks up the phone to make a call it will work? And please don’t drop the wording STUN servers and all these crazy acronyms blab la bla…. Tech stuff. I am a regular guys who was sold a product advertised that all you had to do is plug it in and it will work.

I appreciate the low monthly costs, I really do. But also I do need a service that works when needed.

Thanks
Funkytown
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Re: Call Disconnect .... Then hear someone else dialing a nu

Post by Funkytown »

I hate to break it to you, but I have never personally heard of such a thing where telecommunication is 100% secure?
Rest assured that the Fongo & Freepholine Engineer staff are definitely using all the means in security precautions to secure & protect there own VOIP network gateway database.

All I can see in what you've experienced is that your voip call packets broke up during the call and all your voice data packets was then lost sending your Voip connection offline for a bit. This is just a typical Internet hiccup.

Cheers!
Privatepilot
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows
Router: Home Hub 2000

Post by Privatepilot »

Thanks for your feedback funkytown

Its been a frustrating 2 weeks of very unstable fongo home phone service. Hoping 2013 will bring better quality, i want to stay with fongo. They are Canadian and a good price. Just hope they can fix their stability issues
seagame2001
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Post by seagame2001 »

I think it was holiday season and they were busy just like every one else busy for holiday season. So hope the service is up and running normal like before.

Happy New Year to you all