Why do you need cellphone to signup?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Works service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Works Support Knowledge-base for more.

Why do you need cellphone to signup?

Postby JeremyWebber » 09/23/2017

Hi,
I'm wondering how my current cellphone number is used when I signup for FongoWorks?

From reading the support forum, I understand that until the Receptionist is setup the cell phone number is used (for some reason, maybe forwarding) but after the Receptionist is setup does my cellphone number play some kind of active role? For example, if I forget to check my cellphone message logs might I miss an incoming Fongo works call? Is there information about this somewhere?

Also, if my cellphone number changes down the road (for example, if I move to a new city or country and cancel the cellphone) how does that affect my FongoWorks number?
JeremyWebber
One Hit Wonder

Re: Why do you need cellphone to signup?

Postby bridonca » 09/23/2017

I doubt it. I use my Fongo account on many devices, some with or without SIM cards. I found a cell number handy when I was subscribed to Fongo's texting service, where you could forward fongo messages to you cell phone number, thus not having to have data or internet on just to receive Fongo account texts. I do not believe you need a cell phone account to sign up with Fongo.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Return to Community Support