Followme Settings Changed from Phone

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
amitmeh
Quiet One

Followme Settings Changed from Phone

Post by amitmeh »

I want to control the followme settings by calling something like "*34" and allowing me forward the calls to my cell. It beats going to the website.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Followme Settings Changed from Phone

Post by FONGO_kris »

That sounds like a good idea, I'll be sure to pass it along to the programmers to see what can be done.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Paul777
Just Passing Thru

Post by Paul777 »

This feature is already built into the softphone. Unless you are talking about something else?

The button for the changing the "Follow me" settings is in the bottom right hand corner of the softphone.

I will say this though as another suggestion, just like being able to pick up voice mail from a landline or cell phone, it would be a great feature to be able to also change the follow me settings through the same way (dial own voip# then access admin features from landline or cell#). Again for same reasons that you may not be near WIFI or may not necessarily have your laptop with you or be in an area with internet access.

Paul
amitmeh
Quiet One

Post by amitmeh »

Paul, I am talking about changing the followme settings from a landline. It would be an amazing feature.
Paul777
Just Passing Thru

Post by Paul777 »

Hi Amitmeh - yes that's what I thought you were suggesting. It would be great to have all admin options through a landline or cell phone. The computer is not always handy. This would really make the service a game changer... being able to dial in to your own account and make changes without having to turn on computer, or if WiFi / Internet connection is not working or in bad reception location.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

I can see if we can build an IVR to do this and how long it will take.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2