Suggestion Wish list

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Suggestion Wish list

Postby dlehtinen » 07/10/2018

I have a few suggestions that I would like to see in the future:
1. Adding the option for incoming sip uri. calls with the option of enable/disable from the websites appSetting.
2. Adding the Blacklist feature to the website, same as the desktop app.
3. Registering up to two devices (ata & softphone and hopefully a mobile app).
4. Desktop app ability to call sip addresses.
5. The ability to send faxes either on the website or the desktop app.
dlehtinen
Just Passing Thru

Re: Suggestion Wish list

Postby Jake » 07/10/2018

All good suggestions. I think over the years all of these have been talked about and asked for, but it's nice to have them all in one post.

+1 from me on all of these.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Suggestion Wish list

Postby Liptonbrisk » 07/11/2018

dlehtinen wrote:I have a few suggestions that I would like to see in the future:
Adding the option for incoming sip uri. calls with the option of enable/disable from the websites appSetting.

Freephoneline used to allow incoming SIP URI, but they blocked it.

Fibernetics, which owns/operates Freephoneline and Fongo, is the largest privately held competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) in Canada, and FPL/Fongo generates revenue from incoming phone calls or termination fees to its network in addition to the fees paid by its customers. The more phone calls made to their network, the more money they make. Incoming SIP URI calls effectively bypass incoming phone call termination fees.

While I would like to see incoming SIP URI enabled as well, due to Freephoneline's revenue model, I doubt that's going to happen.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Suggestions & Feedback