Use microSD card

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
JamesK
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Android
Firmware Version: 2.3.6
ISP Name: Rogers cable
Computer OS: Linux
Router: Linux

Use microSD card

Post by JamesK »

I have a Google Nexus One, which has a limited amount of memory free for applications. It supports applications on the microSD card, but this must be enabled in the application. Would it be possible to have the Android softphone, as used by Dell Voice, able to load into the microSD card? Until this is available, I have had to remove Dell Voice from my phone, as I simply do not have the memory space to spare for it.

tnx jk

btw, other soft phones, such as 3CXPhone support loading into microSD.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Use microSD card

Post by Jake »

Well this probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but as DV are not always the speediest at bringing out updates for things like this, you might want to take a look at this page and see if it is worth you doing or not. It all depends on how much you really need to move over to your SD card. It seems quite involved, but doable if you are fairly comfortable with a computer.

http://www.bongizmo.com/blog/moving-all ... 2sd-froyo/

Even if you can;t move DV over, you might be able to move enough other programs over to make it work for you.

Hopefully DV will say they will enable it and bring out an update in the morning, but in case they don't, this might be an option for you.
JamesK
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Android
Firmware Version: 2.3.6
ISP Name: Rogers cable
Computer OS: Linux
Router: Linux

Re: Use microSD card

Post by JamesK »

I'll have to look into that.

tnx