Increase number of rings for FPL

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Increase number of rings for FPL

Postby seagame2001 » 11/02/2012

I know this topic has been address before but I want to bring it back again cause did not happen yet

For my case I live with my parents and they did not speak English at all so we are depend on the phone answering machine a lot. When I call them from work they will let go to the VM and they hear my voice then they will pick up and answer it. If she hears English voice from the phone answering machine then she won't pick up the phone

The problem most of the phones have 6 rings before it connects to the answer machine. So when my mother's Dr call to tell her operation schedule but my mother answered the phone but she did not understand and of course the receptionist could not understand her either. It was a big problem that she missed the schedule for her eye operation, but luck they schedule for three weeks after that. She was waiting 7 months for operation.

Plus there are some senior citizens they could not get the phone that fast with 5 rings so please increase number of rings.

I know that you guys say when go to VM with 5 rings FPL will make money however when it connects to phone answering machine FPL still makes money

DV has up to 12 rings so why not FPL. I don't ask FPL increase up to 12 rings but at least 8 rings before go to VM
seagame2001
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Re: Increase number of rings for FPL

Postby crusader9 » 11/20/2012

seagame2001 wrote:I know this topic has been address before but I want to bring it back again cause did not happen yet

For my case I live with my parents and they did not speak English at all so we are depend on the phone answering machine a lot. When I call them from work they will let go to the VM and they hear my voice then they will pick up and answer it. If she hears English voice from the phone answering machine then she won't pick up the phone

The problem most of the phones have 6 rings before it connects to the answer machine. So when my mother's Dr call to tell her operation schedule but my mother answered the phone but she did not understand and of course the receptionist could not understand her either. It was a big problem that she missed the schedule for her eye operation, but luck they schedule for three weeks after that. She was waiting 7 months for operation.

Plus there are some senior citizens they could not get the phone that fast with 5 rings so please increase number of rings.

I know that you guys say when go to VM with 5 rings FPL will make money however when it connects to phone answering machine FPL still makes money

DV has up to 12 rings so why not FPL. I don't ask FPL increase up to 12 rings but at least 8 rings before go to VM

I would agree. 8 rings would certainly be nice, I'd also be willing to pay a small service fee for this feature.
crusader9
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.2_014
ISP Name: Start Communications
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64
Router: DIR-827

Postby jchen » 11/28/2012

I totally agree that. It would improve Fongo, make it more competitive, and good for users.
jchen
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: FPL softphone
Firmware Version: 2.2.0.0
ISP Name: Uniserver
Computer OS: XP

Postby ynagy » 02/11/2013

I would agree, if FPL can change it to 8 rings to allow the person to pick up the phone and don't have to rush to it. Specially if waiting for a critical phone call and you missed the call by a sec or 2. I think 8 rings are sound reasonable because we are not seating by the phone waiting to ring :D.
ynagy
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: LinksysPAP2T - FreePBX
Firmware Version: the latest
ISP Name: Beanfield
Computer OS: Windows 7, 10, Ubuntu
Router: Linksys, Checkpoint
Android Version: 4, 5 and 6
iOS Version: 10

Return to Suggestions & Feedback