poor connectivity

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Wireless service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The FongoWireless Support Knowledge-base for more.

poor connectivity

Postby doris668 » 11/16/2019

I have only been using wireless for a few days, but have encountered performance issues. In Toronto and surrounding areas, I get good performance, until I go into the Eaton centre. There, it takes minutes to navigate to a website, if I can at all. Same thing happens near Stirling, Ontario. My phone shows a weak connection, with only half or less of the maximum signal strength. I've never had this problem with my previous supplier. Is there a fix?
doris668
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: moto g7 plus
ISP Name: Fongo wireless
Computer OS: android 9

Re: poor connectivity

Postby bridonca » 11/17/2019

Fongo only uses Rogers towers, and coverage is only as good as what Rogers provides.

Who was your previous provider?
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: poor connectivity

Postby bridonca » 11/17/2019

What do you have for a phone? I am wondering if your phone is able to access all the frequencies that Rogers has available. It does appear you should have Rogers coverage in your areas. It is possible there are too many Rogers subscribers connected to those cell sites, and slowing down performance on the cellular frequencies that are available on your phone.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Return to Community Support