Fongo Wireless Sim on different phones

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Wireless service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The FongoWireless Support Knowledge-base for more.

Fongo Wireless Sim on different phones

Postby little-star » 10/30/2021

If I get a Fongo Wireless Data only plan and sim, can I use this on a different phone other than the activated phone with a Fongo number.
Does this work only with a Fongo mobile number?
little-star
Just Passing Thru

Re: Fongo Wireless Sim on different phones

Postby Jake » 10/30/2021

I do not have the Fongo version of this plan, but I do have their sister company's version (Worldline) where it was beta tested before released on Fongo. I can only assume the two plans work in the same way.

With my plan it's just a data plan SIM, it doesn't have any phone tied to it in anyway either by phone number or IMEI.
I can, and quite regularly do, take the SIM card out and put it into other phones (both iOS and Android) without any problems.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby hanke » 10/30/2021

Jake wrote:I do not have the Fongo version of this plan, but I do have their sister company's version (Worldline) where it was beta tested before released on Fongo. I can only assume the two plans work in the same way.

With my plan it's just a data plan SIM, it doesn't have any phone tied to it in anyway either by phone number or IMEI.
I can, and quite regularly do, take the SIM card out and put it into other phones (both iOS and Android) without any problems.

Hello Jake, I am with Worldline beta group as well. So you say it works fine in an IOS device since it originally was never marketed to work with IOS. I am looking for a new device/phone and wasn't sure if IOS was an option for me.

Thanks for the info!
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Postby Jake » 10/31/2021

hanke wrote:Hello Jake, I am with Worldline beta group as well. So you say it works fine in an IOS device since it originally was never marketed to work with IOS. I am looking for a new device/phone and wasn't sure if IOS was an option for me.
Thanks for the info!

Yep it works fine. I wasn't sure initially either but we have an Android phone we could use it in if it didn't.

We can hotspot from whichever iPhone the SIM card is in, or the Android phone come to that.

I'm not sure, but I suspect them saying it was only for Android was because they didn't have an iOS phone app. I still don't know if they do now TBH, it's not really something I would have used seeing I'm already set up with the Fongo App.

We have had a few issues with it over the time, but I suspect that had nothing to do with iOS and more to do with the network being super reliable out here. But yes, 100% it works on our iPhones (7S, 7S+, and 8)
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Community Support