Credit Card failed email

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Wireless service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The FongoWireless Support Knowledge-base for more.

Credit Card failed email

Postby Jackorama » 04/08/2022

Hi, I just got an email that my credit card failed for my wireless account. My credit card is in good standing and when I'm in my account there is a notice about it, but there is no where on the site to pay it. I have manually paid early through the site for previously months, but thought that I would let it automatically charge my credit card this month. My bank account site for my credit card shows no attempt by Fongo to charge my credit card. Not, sure what to do now?
Jackorama
Just Passing Thru

Re: Credit Card failed email

Postby Liptonbrisk » 04/08/2022

You’ll need to submit a ticket: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

These are user to user support forums, and we don’t have access to your billing transactions or account.
Fongo support staff is not obliged to read or respond on the forums.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Jackorama » 04/08/2022

Thanks, I filled in a ticket. Also, called my bank and they said there was not attempt to take the amount and that there was no decline. The error is coming from Fongo's system. Unfortunately, they have deactivated my sim card and I won't have service until it is fixed. Others may have this problem too.
Jackorama
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jackorama » 12/09/2023

UPDATE: Credit card was hacked and that is why Fongo couldn't fix it. They flagged the card, but didn't tell me why.. Thing is I only use the credit card on Fongo and the card sits in a draw. I don't take it out with me. So, this may have been an in side job, or they were hacked, and didn't tell anyone. Anyway, card was hacked about 8 months later from some where in Montreal. It was easy to spot as I stopped using the card. Bank credited the money back and new card in the mail. The charge showed up as Amazon Market Place with no reverence to any product. The bank told me this is a common scam on credit cards.
Jackorama
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support