Sound Cuts Out for Half a Second Randomly

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
boristod
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2-NA Linksys
Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Win7
Router: DI-604

Sound Cuts Out for Half a Second Randomly

Post by boristod »

Hi guys,

I'm having the dreadful "Sound Cuts Out for Half a Second Randomly" issue. I think it's getting worse every day and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I have a 5 Mbps DSL with Acanac and everything worked fine for months, until it started breaking up and loosing packets. Now the phone is at the point of losing half a second every 20 seconds. I almost find the phone useless. I'm not doing any heavy downloading, so the bandwidth is available.
Please advice if there's anything I can do to fix it. I've noticed that in the evenings it gets worse. Not sure if that's related.
I read the entire thread "Sound Cuts Out for Half a Second Randomly" and it looks like the problem has been solved once before. Let me know if I have to do something to fix it.

I'm using Linksys PAP2-VN with Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)

Thanks in advance,
Boris
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Sound Cuts Out for Half a Second Randomly

Post by FONGO_kris »

Would you be able to post screenshots from speedtest.net during the day and in the evenings when the choppy voice gets worse? You also mentioned packet loss, how much packet loss over a call of say... 15 minutes? And do you have any traces or logs to show where the packet loss is happening?
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
boristod
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2-NA Linksys
Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Win7
Router: DI-604

Post by boristod »

Hi Kris,

Please find the attached files. I just spent 15 minutes checking voice mail.
Lost packets
Lost packets
Tracert
Tracert
Speedtest.net
Speedtest.net
I also tried the soft phone and it has the same issue of breaking up (cutting out for half a second randomly).

Hope that helps you analyze and troubleshoot the issue.
Best regards,
Boris
zombie999
Lightly Seasoned

Post by zombie999 »

What you need to do is try another provider and see if you are having the same problem. If you are, the problem is your ISP or your gear.