the phone line stopped working

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
mississauguy
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: LYNKSYS
ISP Name: 3WEB
Computer OS: WINDOWS 7

the phone line stopped working

Post by mississauguy »

i signed up free phone line.ca about 2 months ago. the service was flawless.

but two days ago, i came home from work, and the home phone doesn't have dial tone. when i check the phone adaptor STATUS(LYNKSYS PAP2T). It indicated the line 1: Registration State: Can't connect to login server.

i tried to enable my line 2, it connected to the VOIP and my home works again.

so why did the free phone line service stopped working after 2 months? and then it works again when i switch to line 2 in my PAP2T?

thanks
OverDrive
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Start Communications (off Cogeco)
Computer OS: 8
Router: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND (DD-WRT)

Re: the phone line stopped working

Post by OverDrive »

If it can't connect, but line 2 can, then it's most likely your router not playing very nice with SIP over NAT. Make sure you have your ports forwarded (they are in the FAQ). I would also look for an update to your Router, and if it's supported, flash it with either DD-WRT or Tomato (3rd party firmware for the device) as they play much nicer with SIP traffic and offer you WAY MORE stability overall and customization overall.
Adam Marshall
AJ Tek
mississauguy
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: LYNKSYS
ISP Name: 3WEB
Computer OS: WINDOWS 7

Re: the phone line stopped working

Post by mississauguy »

thanks for the reply.

here is my router: d link DIR-8

funny thing, ios 5 release yesterday and it happened yesterday. now my ipad and iphone are using wireless wifi sync. i will see what happen tomorrow.

nothing need to be configured in my router. no port fowarding, it still works now.