Can I buy 2 config files for 1 Linksys PAP2T-NA device?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
zel108
Just Passing Thru

Can I buy 2 config files for 1 Linksys PAP2T-NA device?

Post by zel108 »

I am planning to purchase one more config files from FPL and add on to my exist Linksys PAP2T-NA device. Is Linksys PAP2T-NA support to config with 2 config files from FPL?

Thanks in advance!
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Re: Can I buy 2 config files for 1 Linksys PAP2T-NA device?

Post by dibsmft »

This should be possible with careful configuration but with the very limited (indirect) experience that I have had of the PAP2 I would not recommend this for use with Fongo services if you are a new user. On the other hand you may find that it is useful to set the second line up with a free voip service to call in on from a smart phone or tablet.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

Yes you can, but you better be able to know how to forward ports, and you better have a good router.

On each line, you should have separate SIP ports, like 5061 for line one and 5062 for line two. Each line should have it's own separate bank of RTP ports forwarded to it, and have the ATA set up to accept those ports. Just make sure the RTP ports selected are not forwarded to something else.
zel108
Just Passing Thru

Post by zel108 »

bridonca wrote:Yes you can, but you better be able to know how to forward ports, and you better have a good router.

On each line, you should have separate SIP ports, like 5061 for line one and 5062 for line two. Each line should have it's own separate bank of RTP ports forwarded to it, and have the ATA set up to accept those ports. Just make sure the RTP ports selected are not forwarded to something else.
You are right! Thank you!

I even found its not easy to me to use TWO PAP2T-NA under my router. I must separate SIP port.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

Yes, it you intend to use more than one ATA or SIp clients reliably and predictably on the same network you need to assign each device a static local network IP and ports for SIP and RTP. If everything is OK then you can call each phone from another on the network and get two way sound. It is also worth keeping a record of how you have the devices configured for quick reference.
zel108
Just Passing Thru

Post by zel108 »

dibsmft wrote:Yes, it you intend to use more than one ATA or SIp clients reliably and predictably on the same network you need to assign each device a static local network IP and ports for SIP and RTP. If everything is OK then you can call each phone from another on the network and get two way sound. It is also worth keeping a record of how you have the devices configured for quick reference.

I will, Thank you!