Cannot hear caller's incoming or outgoing call - Please help

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
MAN
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
Firmware Version: 1.0.3.1
ISP Name: Start Communication Inc. (Cable)
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: DLINK DIR-655

Cannot hear caller's incoming or outgoing call - Please help

Post by MAN »

Hi,

I just got a notification email from Fongo/freephoneline that the porting number process had been completed. I called Bell to cancel my phone service with them.

However, after porting, when someone called me (incoming call) or when I called someone (outgoing call), the call went through and connected and rang both side, but both ways (incoming and outgoing call) I could not hear the other party's voice, even the other party could hear my voice clearly.

When I pickup the phone, there was a dial tone, I dialed a number, and it was silent, did not have calling tone at the VOIP phone's speaker when the phone was trying to ring the outside party. The rest was, I could not hear anything, even the other party pickup the phone and screaming to me.

I used SIP server: voip2.freephoneline.ca, and also tried to voip.freephoneline.ca, with no result (no luck).
NAT Traversal (STUN): No, but send keep-alive
I had unplug and plug again the ATA and the router as well (no luck)
I had opened 3 ports in my router (Port Forwarding using IP address of ATA Device) for 5060-5061, 6060-6061, 13000-13001 (no luck)
I tried to disable Firewall (no luck)
I did not try to disable SIP ALG function, as I could not find it in this DLINK DIR-655

My Modem is : Motorola Sb6121
My Router is: DLINK DIR-655, version B1, and firmware version: 2.10NA
My ATA device: Grandstream HT-701, firmware version: 1.0.3.1
Internet Service Provider: Start Communication Inc.
My phone number: 905-285-XXXX

Please find attachment for the configuration of my ATA Grandstream HT-701

It is frustrating. :(

Could someone please help me, how to solve these problems? Your helps would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
MAN
Attachments
ATA Grandstream HT-701.doc
ATA Grandstream HT701 config
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 392 times
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Cannot hear caller's incoming or outgoing call - Please

Post by Fongo Support »

MAN wrote:Hi,

I just got a notification email from Fongo/freephoneline that the porting number process had been completed. I called Bell to cancel my phone service with them.

However, after porting, when someone called me (incoming call) or when I called someone (outgoing call), the call went through and connected and rang both side, but both ways (incoming and outgoing call) I could not hear the other party's voice, even the other party could hear my voice clearly.

When I pickup the phone, there was a dial tone, I dialed a number, and it was silent, did not have calling tone at the VOIP phone's speaker when the phone was trying to ring the outside party. The rest was, I could not hear anything, even the other party pickup the phone and screaming to me.

I used SIP server: voip2.freephoneline.ca, and also tried to voip.freephoneline.ca, with no result (no luck).
NAT Traversal (STUN): No, but send keep-alive
I had unplug and plug again the ATA and the router as well (no luck)
I had opened 3 ports in my router (Port Forwarding using IP address of ATA Device) for 5060-5061, 6060-6061, 13000-13001 (no luck)
I tried to disable Firewall (no luck)
I did not try to disable SIP ALG function, as I could not find it in this DLINK DIR-655

My Modem is : Motorola Sb6121
My Router is: DLINK DIR-655, version B1, and firmware version: 2.10NA
My ATA device: Grandstream HT-701, firmware version: 1.0.3.1
Internet Service Provider: Start Communication Inc.
My phone number: 905-285-XXXX

Please find attachment for the configuration of my ATA Grandstream HT-701

It is frustrating. :(

Could someone please help me, how to solve these problems? Your helps would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
MAN
Hello there,

On your Dlink router, please go to your firewall settings(advanced->firewall) and change the following options:

UDP Endpoint Filtering and TCP Endpoint Filtering to Endpoint Independent. Reboot router and let us know if you see any improvement.

Thanks,
MAN
Just Passing Thru

Post by MAN »

Hi,

I did change UDP Endpoint Filtering and TCP Endpoint Filtering to Endpoint Independent and rebooted the router and it did not work.

Do you have any other suggestions, please?

Thank you.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

Just for fun, try "NAT Traversal (STUN): Yes" and put in the stun server "stun.callwithus.com". Reboot both the router and the ATA. If it works then you probably need to look carefully at your port forwarding router->ATA carefully to see if that is done correctly. Also check that you modem (whatever it may be) is not one that has routing services.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

MAN wrote:Hi,

I did change UDP Endpoint Filtering and TCP Endpoint Filtering to Endpoint Independent and rebooted the router and it did not work.

Do you have any other suggestions, please?

Thank you.
Hi there,

Please send me PM with the telephone number associated with the account and I will have a look.

Thanks,
MAN
Just Passing Thru

Post by MAN »

Hi dibsmsft,

I tried to change and set "NAT Traversal (STUN)" to "Yes", and it suddenly works fine. I could hear the caller's voice (Incoming call) and I also could hear the other party's voice when I made a call (Outgoing call). I am not sure whether it is just for a temporary fixed or not. Just let's see for a while.

Also, now, there was a "calling tone" when I made an outgoing call.

I just don't understand why setting the "NAT Traversal (STUN)" to "Yes", it suddenly works. In the Grandstream HT-701 configuration guideline (pdf.file), it was originally said to set this to "No "or "No, but send keep-alive" ..... Weird.

Anyway, I am happy now, and let's see for a couple hours to make sure that it fixes permanently.

Many thanks to all of you.

MAN