No incoming calls since last 5 - 6 days

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
tariqarshad
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: CISCO LINKSYS SPA 2102
ISP Name: DSL

No incoming calls since last 5 - 6 days

Post by tariqarshad »

Hello,

I am FPL user, and there is no incoming call for last 5 days. when I dial my FPL number, from another phone, I can only here engage tone.

I have a cisco Linksys ATA adaptor SPA 2102.

Please help......

Thanks
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Re: No incoming calls since last 5 - 6 days

Post by dibsmft »

It is most likely that the problem is at your end and is with the configuration of your SPA2102. Have you given the SPA2102 a fixed IP and forwarded ports from your router to the 2102?
Are you using NAT Keep Alive and possibly STUN. What router are you using? Do outgoing calls to other numbers work OK?
This link might help
http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8320
tariqarshad
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: CISCO LINKSYS SPA 2102
ISP Name: DSL

Post by tariqarshad »

Thanks, Actually, if I switch off and on the adaptor, I can call the FPL number once, or twice and then it is again busy tone.

I am not very good in configuring adaptor. kindly can you explain more, so I can try.

NAT map enable = Yes
NAT Keep alive = no
NAT Keep Alive Msg: $NOTIFY
NAT Keep Alive Dest: $Proxy

Is there any way that I can get the screen prints for configuration of cisco linksys spa 2102 adaptor.

Thanks
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

tariqarshad wrote:Thanks, Actually, if I switch off and on the adaptor, I can call the FPL number once, or twice and then it is again busy tone.

I am not very good in configuring adaptor. kindly can you explain more, so I can try.

NAT map enable = Yes
NAT Keep alive = no
NAT Keep Alive Msg: $NOTIFY
NAT Keep Alive Dest: $Proxy

Is there any way that I can get the screen prints for configuration of cisco linksys spa 2102 adaptor.

Thanks
Try changing to NAT Keep alive = Yes ...rebot rooter and ATA as see if and for how long things work. If things don't work then try turning on STUN (a suitable server might be stun.callwithus.com), reboot router and ATA and then try again.
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Post by hanke »

SPA2102 is a 2 line ATA with router built in. If you did a reset of the router to default (factory) all you then need to do would be to input your FPL account details.

The SPA2102 should be connected directly to your cable/dsl modem via the Internet Port and the SPA2102 set to DHCP. It will get its own IP from your service provider when setup to DHCP. Connect your computer to the ethernet port and login to the router with the IP of 192.168.0.1 and then complete the details for your FPL account. You dont need open any ports cause you ATA is directly connected to the internet. If you identify your ATA under Display Name ensure you just an ID like your last name and no special characters. (no stars, unscores etc).

You can always talk to the SPA2102 via the ethernet port at the default IP of 192.168.0.1.

PS - The only details you need to complete are what FPL suggests you fill out. You dont need stun or port forward. Just the basic details since it is connected directly to the internet. To do a reset you must do it via the IVR (interactive voice menu) used from a connected telephone hand set. Factory reset would be **** (four stars - to get you into the menu) then command 73738 (just listen to the prompts) then hand up the phone. Once reset log into your ATA via you computer (ethernet port) fill in the FPL details and you should be ok.

Further...if you are connected a router after your cable/dsl modem, take the router out of the setup for now and try as I suggest (ATA first). Once you get your ATA working, hook up your extra router if you have one I assume wireless to the same ethernet port you connected to talk to the ATA.

You can then hook your computer up to the wireless router port (if thats what you have). Your secondary wireless router (if you have that) would be set to DHCP so it will get an IP from the router within the ATA.

Good Luck