SIP Server Problems

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
cyberic68
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Sipura SPA-2002
Firmware Version: 3.1.5
ISP Name: Cable - Videotron
Computer OS: Win 8 Pro, Win 7, Win XP, Ubuntu
Router: Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H

SIP Server Problems

Post by cyberic68 »

Hi Fongo Support Team,

I would like to get more explanation about all the problems that freephoneline users had lately about

- One way audio (no inbound sound)
- No ringing

Just by swapping to the alternate SIP server (voip2.freephoneline.ca) instead of (voip.freephoneline.ca), it has fixed the problems

What is the difference between the two SIP Servers?

How come they don't react the same way?

Why some FPL lines were not affected with the SIP server (voip.freephoneline.ca) when others lines were?

Thanks

Eric
Jake
Technical Support

Re: SIP Server Problems

Post by Jake »

+1
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

cyberic68 wrote:Hi Fongo Support Team,

I would like to get more explanation about all the problems that freephoneline users had lately about

- One way audio (no inbound sound)
- No ringing

Just by swapping to the alternate SIP server (voip2.freephoneline.ca) instead of (voip.freephoneline.ca), it has fixed the problems

What is the difference between the two SIP Servers?

How come they don't react the same way?

Why some FPL lines were not affected with the SIP server (voip.freephoneline.ca) when others lines were?

Thanks

Eric
Hi Eric,

Voip2.freephoneline.ca was added as a secondary server to distribute the load on voip.freephoneline.ca. It’s worth mentioning that it also distributes the users who have incorrect configuration (ie – hardcoding in a server address) and are experiencing problems – these were taxing the primary server.
VoIP Unlock Key users are asked to review the configuration guidelines for their third party ATA adapter/device, since their configuration hasn't been performed by Fongo's staff.
We provide standardization here: http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

One-way audio/no-ringing is likely due to a firewall/networking issue on the user's side which our support team has been working through with various users. Since there are many router configurations when it comes to their handling of NAT, ports, SIP etc, this user issue hasn't been consistently experienced across the board – it’s dependent on user settings.

Hopefully, that sheds some light.

Thanks again,
cyberic68
Just Passing Thru

Post by cyberic68 »

Hi, It brings a little bit of light but not completely

As I have two FPL lines at home one is working with the original SIP server (voip.freephoneline.ca) and the other don't.

I keep the same settings for both accounts, just changing the username and password. So when you say

......Since there are many router configurations when it comes to their handling of NAT, ports, SIP etc, this user issue hasn't been consistently experienced across the board – it’s dependent on user settings.......

I'm not sure you clearly explain the difference between the two SIP Servers, as my two accounts should react the same way with either SIP server.

Thanks

Eric
cyberic68
Just Passing Thru

Post by cyberic68 »

Hi, I am still waiting for some explanations ?

Thanks

Eric
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

cyberic68 wrote:Hi, I am still waiting for some explanations ?

Thanks

Eric
Hello there,

Please send me a PM and I can explain further.

Thanks,
triron
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys
ISP Name: efirehose
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Sonicwall

Post by triron »

I also have these problems as this user(s)with my fongo computer app if I use the freephone line that I have setup for my kids but, if I use the freephone line that that I have ported my number to it works two way audio. Both lines are on the same network same port settings. Why does the one work and the other doesn't?
All of these problems started right after I was given notice from fongo of an upgrade Feb 11-12 so, that would have been Feb 14-15 that I noticed this problem.
triron
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys
ISP Name: efirehose
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Sonicwall

Post by triron »

I have PMed Fongo Support about my one way audio for outgoing calls and they forced my registration and everything is working fine with outgoing calls once again.

Thank you Fongo
cyberic68
Just Passing Thru

Post by cyberic68 »

Same for me I have PMed Fongo Support and the have solved my one way audio of one of my two FPL lines

Thank to Cosmin at Fongo Support !!! Great job !!!

Eric
vdemko
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream
Firmware Version: HT287 Rev4.1
ISP Name: Shaw Cable
Computer OS: Victa Home Premium
Router: Netgeat 3500L

Post by vdemko »

I also have these problems as this users and I posted topic in support tread ...