"Not Registered"

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
NotSure
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
Firmware Version: 1.0.4.3
ISP Name: Cable
Router: DD WRT Cisco

"Not Registered"

Post by NotSure »

Was wondering if someone had this issue, or maybe it’s just me. :)

Equipment used are as follows :

Grandstream HT701 Rev.1.0.4.8
Router is a Cisco E900 with DD-WRT

I purchased an unlock key back in March 26. I continue to experience, my device not registering. The only way to resolve was to reboot the ATA or unplug and plug the power to the ATA. It would then register and then it would not register the day after.

1. I followed the instructions as per the forum : “Device Configuration Sharing / Grandstream HT-701” -> http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5366.
2. I did as per the forum : http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ter#p47216
I did as the post said and change the Nat Traversal to Keep Alive.

From post …

FXS Port:
Nat traversal(STUN) should be setup as "No, but send keep alive"- firmware 1.0.18-.1.0.43
For firmware version 1.0.43 and newer, please change it from "NO" to "Keep Alive"

Advanced settings:
STUN server is: this entry should be blank
Keep-alive Interval: should be 20.

3. I have also tried to swap the Primary SIP Server and Failover SIP Server (as per some other posts suggestion on this forum).
4. I have read and follow as best as I can the VoIP Unlock Key Credentials … http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

After doing all of this, I still get Not Registered.

Does anyone want to share their settings of their HT-701 (screenshot)? PLEASE. I want to see what I am doing wrong. Audio is great both ways. No issue there. It’s just the ATA won’t stay registered for no longer than 24 hours.
Funkytown
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Re: "Not Registered"

Post by Funkytown »

If your ports are forwarded correctly inside your router/modem Freephoneline would always be registered.
NotSure
Just Passing Thru

Post by NotSure »

Funkytown, I have confirmed, the router has ports 5060, 5061, 6060, 6061, 13000, and 13001 forwarded. If I take screenshots of my settings of the ATA, can you please take a look?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

NotSure wrote:Funkytown, I have confirmed, the router has ports 5060, 5061, 6060, 6061, 13000, and 13001 forwarded. If I take screenshots of my settings of the ATA, can you please take a look?
Hi there,

What happens if you connect device directly to the modem? (u have to power off ATA device first)

Please let me know.

Thanks,
NotSure
Just Passing Thru

Post by NotSure »

Fongo Support - I did this and the ATA registered with the service. I only left it in for a few hours as we needed the internet back. As per the FPL settings, the Registration Interval is set at 3600 seconds (1 hour). Therefore, if you are trying to see if the router is the problem, then the ATA should not register itself after 1 hour and I would get a Not Registered again. Since the Not Register happens once a day (when the ATA is behind the router), I cannot assume that it is the router, because if it is the router, then I should get a Not Registered on the ATA every hour.

Anything else you can suggest me do?

Thanks!
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

NotSure wrote:Fongo Support - I did this and the ATA registered with the service. I only left it in for a few hours as we needed the internet back. As per the FPL settings, the Registration Interval is set at 3600 seconds (1 hour). Therefore, if you are trying to see if the router is the problem, then the ATA should not register itself after 1 hour and I would get a Not Registered again. Since the Not Register happens once a day (when the ATA is behind the router), I cannot assume that it is the router, because if it is the router, then I should get a Not Registered on the ATA every hour.

Anything else you can suggest me do?

Thanks!
Hi there,

Please try the workaround suggested here:

http://www.toao.net/25-linksys-ata-configuration

snip/
Important note #4 to users of 2Wire routers: we have had reports of some 2Wire routers that fail to respond to DNS requests when a computer is not in use. To work around this, navigate to the System tab in your ATA and set the following:
Primary DNS: 8.8.4.4
Secondary DNS: 208.67.222.222
DNS Server Order: Manual, DHCP
/Snip

This is not the same as HT701- but you can adjust.

Please try and let me know.

Thanks,
Ketan1988
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Router: WRT54G DIR-655

Post by Ketan1988 »

Use GOOGLE DNS Servers, Solved the ongoing registration issue for me.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
b3l
Quiet One

Post by b3l »

Have you tried setting UDP Timeout Unreplied to 10 and Assured to 300?