Desktop Application or ATA device

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
newuser
Just Passing Thru

Desktop Application or ATA device

Post by newuser »

Hi,
Can I use new Freephoneline Desktop Application 3.2.6.0 and ATA device on same account ? or I have to log-out ATA device before using Desktop Application ?
Thank you.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Desktop Application or ATA device

Post by Jake »

You can only have one device running at a time, so you will have to switch between the two if that is what you are looking to do.

Depending on how you turn each device off there may be a time period where the system still thinks that the other device is still connected so you calls might not go as planned.

You could always set up two account and then forward your main number to your second number when you don't answer. This way you will still get your calls and not have to worry about switching device. You could also set up simultaneous ringing where it would ring your ATA and desktop numbers at the same time. There is a few ways you can set the system up, but it all depends on what you are looking for. Unfortunately the ideal case of being able to have both connected at the same time is not possible. (well you can, but you will not know which one will ring as they will steal registration from each other)
newuser
Just Passing Thru

Post by newuser »

I'd like to do forward but it doesn't work:
"**Please note that you are unable to forward from a Freephoneline phone number to another Freephoneline phone number ."

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... Follow-Me-

Can I use ATA device at home and Desktop Application when I abroad ? (same account).
Thanks.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

newuser wrote:I'd like to do forward but it doesn't work:
"**Please note that you are unable to forward from a Freephoneline phone number to another Freephoneline phone number ."

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... Follow-Me-

Can I use ATA device at home and Desktop Application when I abroad ? (same account).
Thanks.
Try it, I just did and it allowed me to add in another FPL number.

I think this was removed, or forgot to be put back in, when things went through a few changes a while back. It certainly was a restriction before but as I say, I just tested it and was able to add one in.
newuser
Just Passing Thru

Post by newuser »

Ok,
Right now I have account with Desktop Application only,
but I'd like make upgrade to ATA device (use at home).
I just wondering, Desktop Application will work when I go overseas ?
of course I have to log-out ATA device first.
Anyone tried this or it just work theoretically ?
Thanks.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

newuser wrote:Ok,
Right now I have account with Desktop Application only,
but I'd like make upgrade to ATA device (use at home).
I just wondering, Desktop Application will work when I go overseas ?
of course I have to log-out ATA device first.
Anyone tried this or it just work theoretically ?
Thanks.
Yes, it should work from anywhere. The only restriction will be on if however supplies your internet connection restricts VOIP in any way (IE block voip ports). We have used the Fongo app in a few places without too many problems.
newuser
Just Passing Thru

Post by newuser »

When I'll purchase "config-file", can I use X-Lite soft-phone or even ATA device (if I don't take my laptop overseas) ?
Thank you.
Funkytown
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Post by Funkytown »

newuser wrote:When I'll purchase "config-file", can I use X-Lite soft-phone or even ATA device (if I don't take my laptop overseas) ?
Thank you.
Hi newuser!
Only after you purchased the Freephoneline config-file, Freephoneline releases to you your sip credentials in the admin panel.
Once you have total access to your config-file (Sip info) in the admin panel, this can be used with a soft-phone &/or ATA device. ;)
newuser
Just Passing Thru

Post by newuser »

Which soft-phone you can recommend to use with config-file ?
and one more question please,
I have two accounts,
and I'll purchase config-file for one account, can I switch config-file sometime for second account.
I mean for some ongoing calls (using ATA device) I want use one phone number,
for another ongoing calls another number.
People see My caller ID,
so for friends - one number , for co-workers another number. :lol:
Thanks again.