Consequences of reinstalling Windows?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
McGarnigle
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Shaw Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8.1
Router: SMC3DGN

Consequences of reinstalling Windows?

Post by McGarnigle »

I currently have a phone number offered to me by Freephoneline. I'm wanting to port over my landline number, but first I want to find out what would happen if my PC succumbed to some intractable malware, or other problem, and I had to reinstall Windows, as I have had to do in the past. Would I be able to somehow reinstall the freephoneline app, and get my old phone number back? How would I do it?
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Consequences of reinstalling Windows?

Post by bridonca »

You can install the freephoneline app on as many computers as you want. You can use your freephoneline app on any computer also, even a re installed computer. You only need to provide your login and password. You can only have one account active at any time though.

In your specific case, as long as you can remember your login and password, and you have the new freephoneline app properly installed on the clean machine, you should have little difficultly connecting to your old freephoneline account, using the same freephoneline number you had.
McGarnigle
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Shaw Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8.1
Router: SMC3DGN

Re: Consequences of reinstalling Windows?

Post by McGarnigle »

Thanks bridonca! That gives me some peace of mind. Cheers!