Cannot answer freephoneline to freephoneline

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2-NT
ISP Name: teksavvy
Computer OS: windows 7 64bit

Cannot answer freephoneline to freephoneline

Post by dutty.persian »

I just ported my parent's Bell line to freephoneline and completed the port last sunday May 8, 2016. I gave them my linksys PAP2 adapter since I use Zoiper with my FPL on an android phone. Yay for saving on 25$/month!

If I use my FPL number via Zoiper android to call my parents or vice versa, strange things happen:

-if I call them, as soon as they answer it hangs up on me. The app says "hung up" and my parents hear a dial tone.
-sometimes it skips the ring and goes straight to their voicemail.
-if they try to call me, they receive a busy signal tone
-if they try to call anybody else or vice versa, everything else is fine.

They have DSL with bell on one of those white modem/routers. It's not the best router on the market...
The ATA adapter used to have my FPL on it. So all I changed was the username and password and put back RTP packet size to 20. For some reason I had it on 30.

Can anyone shed some light?

kthxbye
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru

Re: Cannot answer freephoneline to freephoneline

Post by dutty.persian »

Please, anyone?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I would send in a support ticket. It could be something that is not set up properly on their end.

https://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

You could also try putting your details in a softphone on your computer and see if you can call them through that. This should tell you if it is account related or it could be a setting on your android setup.
The x-lite should work fine for this test http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download/
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru

Post by dutty.persian »

So far, I tried with CSIPsimple and it works. Something about zoiper that I am not aware of how to setup. I don't like CSIPsimple because it doesn't consistently receive phone calls to my mobile. Zoiper was fantastic for that.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Well at least you have a starting point now.

This does sound a bit like a codec issue. If you have either device set up to only use one codec (say G729) and the other one does not have that codec, the call would not be able to complete. I have never used Zoiper so I have no idea what settings are there, but in the PAP2T make sure Use Pref Codec Only: is set to 'no' on the Line -> Audio Configuration section.
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru

Post by dutty.persian »

preferred codec was on "no"

I still can't call that line :(

i agree, it does sounds like a codec issue. I paid for the G729 codec.

does anyone have a suggestion for a better app perhaps? maybe zoiper plain sucks and cannot handle codecs properly.
shan52
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Obiha202

Post by shan52 »

Hi, I have the same issues. Sometime I can't receive call. When I try to call with my cell phone to my voip number, it's not ringing and it's show call fail. I check my Obihai setting and it's show that the SP1 is register and it show connected on freephoneline. Sometime it's work again and sometime it's not working.