kept telling me my sip password is not right?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
ctm
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2815
ISP Name: teksavvy cable 25/2
Computer OS: windows 7

kept telling me my sip password is not right?

Post by ctm »

I joined FPL in May, 2014 and bought an SIP ID and Password then. I just reconfigured my obi100 following the guide on this forum, and was told my password was not right. "That password is not valid". (I wrote down my SIP ID, i.e. my phone number, and the password on paper) . I don't know why this happening. Do I have to pay another $50+tax to get a password? :cry:
ctm
Quiet One

Re: kept telling me my sip password is not right?

Post by ctm »

reset obi100 and followed the obi100 set-up guide step-by-step 3 times, all got the same message "that password was not valid".

I tried another password (which is very unlikely because I had the password written down on paper, but I tried anyway), this time I got the message "rejected...reason 484". while googling for an answer, I found people putting in different values in "digitmap", as someone pointed out there was an error in digitmap in the obi100 set-up guide on this forum, so I'm confused what value I should put in "digitmap".
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Your sip settings will be in your online admin area.

https://www.freephoneline.ca/showSipSettings

When entering your password be careful with characters like 0oO lI1 etc. I usually paste the password into notepad so I can see it clearly.
With your username (your phone number) don't forget the initial 1. (ie 1613XXXXXXX)
ctm
Quiet One

Post by ctm »

thank you Jake, I just did copy & paste from SipSettings and reboot obi100, double checked that I do have the initial 1, but I get rejected "reason 484".
ctm
Quiet One

Post by ctm »

(911|[2-­‐9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|*98|[6-­‐7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)

I solved the problem, not sure if it's permanent, by adding 1 "x" to each of those "x" sets, a solution I found by googling. The above was the digitmap given in PDF guide posted on the forum, I guess it depends on the router. Also, someone mentioned that "011xxxxx" should be "011xx.xx" with a "." otherwise you would be able to make international call to some countries with 10-digit phone numbers. I tried without "." calling some countries with 10-digit number (not including country code, Indonesia to be specific) without any problem. So again I figure it depends on your router. However, I feel obliged to say AGAIN that I don't know my solution is permanent.

It's might be a good idea to add to that obi100 set-up PDF guide - a great help by the way, that the digitmap in the guide is for which routers (tested), and people could paste in that thread their digitmap and their routers using, that could save both users and tech support a lot time.