Oct 6, 2010 Upgrade-Related Bugs

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
sl9280
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Softphone
Firmware Version: 3.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Window XP

Re: Oct 6, 2010 Upgrade-Related Bugs

Post by sl9280 »

Oct 07, 2010 9:44 p.m.

It seems that the www.freephoneline.ca web site is not accessible now.

I can ping it but not able to access it through IE 7.

Anyone have the same problem?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\simon.lee1>ping www.freephoneline.ca

Pinging www.freephoneline.ca [74.205.217.146] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 74.205.217.146: bytes=32 time=74ms TTL=53
Reply from 74.205.217.146: bytes=32 time=87ms TTL=53
Reply from 74.205.217.146: bytes=32 time=97ms TTL=53
Reply from 74.205.217.146: bytes=32 time=78ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 74.205.217.146:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 74ms, Maximum = 97ms, Average = 84ms
beverly
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: PAP2T/SPA1001
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)/3.1.19(SE)
ISP Name: TekSavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8
Smartphone Model: HTC Amaze 4G
Android Version: 4.0.3 - Energy Aug 6th

Post by beverly »

Me too for the Outgoing CID problem. It seems 613-688-2311 isn't my number. This could be a problem as people won't pick up the phone with this CID. I hope this gets fixed soon.. if not please state it but i'm assuming it will.
mrken
Just Passing Thru

Post by mrken »

My caller ID also shows either 604-628-2598 or Anonymous for local calls. MCI (1-800-444-3333) says my number is "416".
sl9280
Quiet One

Post by sl9280 »

Now at 11:06 p.m. PDT on Oct 07, 2010

The freephoneline voip server seems down again. My softphone show is not able to register and all the buttons and keypad is not accessible. It was working half an hour ago. However, I can answer phone call by pressing accept button when pop up and the call get through.

So strange with the new server upgrade. It is really buggy and FPL should do a fallback to the previous release and fully re-test the new software before the next upgrade.

So many problems reported:

- No Call ID display or display the wrong caller ID.
- Voice mail box not accessible, continue to ask you to hang up and try again
- DTMF not transmitted probably and causing voice mail box number/password not able to be recognized. Long delay to get voice prompt back because each key stroke punched down will need 1 second delay to destination.
- Some ppl cannot make and receive call.
- Softphone not able to register some time but still be able to receive call.

zombie999
Lightly Seasoned

Post by zombie999 »

All of my outgoing calls drop after 40 seconds.
Incoming seems to be ok.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Post by laurent »

This upgrade appears to be a spectacular failure as far as customer impact goes. I really wish once this server is up they won't have to touch it again, but on the other hand it does point out that if this new server ever has a problem in the future, we can't expect any level of reliability.
bedihardeep
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: SPA 1001
Firmware Version: 2.0.1
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: windows 10 Pro
Router: bell homehub 3000

OCT 8 Caller ID still not working

Post by bedihardeep »

when i call somebody still my call is showing Blocked
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

My ATA is reporting a truckload of failures to subscribe to the message waiting indicator:

Code: Select all

Oct  8 08:47:40 voip HT502: [00:0B:82:18:1A:2E][1.0.1.63] Received 501 response for transaction 30(SUBSCRIBE)
Oct  8 08:47:40 voip HT502: [00:0B:82:18:1A:2E][1.0.1.63] Request 30 got status code 501, refCnt 2
Oct  8 08:47:40 voip HT502: [00:0B:82:18:1A:2E][1.0.1.63] Subscribe transaction got code 0:501
I suspect this is related to the upgrade, and MWI worked before.
cu2o2o2
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Double-NAT PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Express with SB5101
Computer OS: Win7 32-bit for DV softphone
Router: WNR3500L behind DIR-615C1

Post by cu2o2o2 »

The only real problem that my FPL phones have after the upgrade is that when I call out, they show "Private Number" on the receiving phone. In some cases the called party ignores my call and I get their voice mail box. I would then leave my message or ask them to return my call, as anybody would do, except an idiot.

I believe that FPL already have the picture of all the problems that came with the upgrade. I trust that they are working on fixing the reported issues as fast as they can.

For crying out loud, use your damn cellphone or any backup phone until the FPL problems get sorted out. :roll:

Peace out!

You agree to read my posts at your own risk.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

cu2o2o2 wrote:For crying out loud, use your damn cellphone or any backup phone until the FPL problems get sorted out. :roll:
I don't think anyone here is left in the dark without any phones to make or receive calls. Relying only on FPL for vital phone service is a bad idea. It compliments well our multitude of phone lines and cellphones though.

We're just annoyed that this service many of us paid for doesn't work properly. I think we're all very patient and understanding here, no one is shouting profanities and this is web forum! Things get much uglier on car forums and there's no service problems to whine about!
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

laurent wrote:Things get much uglier on car forums and there's no service problems to whine about!
You make a good point...

However, regardless of how inexpensive this service is we still strive for the standards of one of our competing telecom giants; these upgrades made a lot possible for future enhancement for you guys along with better service monitoring and quite a few redundancies and fall-overs that were not able to be setup before now.

Outlined below I have updated our 'bug' list:

1. Some accounts do not have working caller ID yet unless we have manually set it for the customer
2. One-way audio reports are much less, but some people are still getting no connection to server errors (likely proxy/NAT related)
3. Missing accounts that were created during the transition period need to be created in one system still

The major issue is the caller ID from/contact header - This is what is affecting our international 2-Stage dialing along with call vouchers.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

admin wrote:However, regardless of how inexpensive this service is we still strive for the standards of one of our competing telecom giants; these upgrades made a lot possible for future enhancement for you guys along with better service monitoring and quite a few redundancies and fall-overs that were not able to be setup before now.
I think it is important to point out that our complaints regarding service issues and our understanding of your commitment and honesty at resolving them are not two mutually exclusive things. I think most of us here perfectly understand that and it probably shows by the fact that we're all still here, riding the wave with you. We tolerate all of this because we know that, well, it's considerably cheaper than alternatives and it's also the pitfall of being early adopters of new technology! We're the guinea pigs. POTS is reliable because it has been worked on for over a hundred years.

Regarding your updated bug list, does that mean that the issue I've reported in another thread about the SIP Subscribe event errors is unrelated to the upgrade?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

I will review all treads created since Oct 6th and add them to this list if they pertain - These are just the immediate 'threats' I've seen.
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Outlined below I have updated our 'bug' list with customer concerns:

1. Some accounts do not have working caller ID yet unless we have manually set it for the customer, this affects our 2-Stage long distance (access number driven) and our vouchers.
- Resolved
2. One-way audio reports are much less, but some people are still getting no connection to server errors (likely proxy/NAT related)
- FIX IN PROGRESS
3. Missing accounts that were created during the transition period need to be created in one system still
- Resolved

The major issue is the caller ID from/contact header - This is what is affecting our international 2-Stage dialing along with call vouchers.

Customer reported bugs:

- No Call ID display or display the wrong caller ID.
- Resolved
- Voice mail box not accessible, continue to ask you to hang up and try again
- Resolved
- DTMF not transmitted probably and causing voice mail box number/password not able to be recognized. Long delay to get voice prompt back because each key stroke punched down will need 1 second delay to destination.
- Resolved
Registration issues - Softphone not able to register some time but still be able to receive call: http://forum.freephoneline.ca/viewtopic ... 9828#p9828
- Resolved
Kris
techevo
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Videotron
Computer OS: Linux

Post by techevo »

My FPL is still not working. It show as registered in the ATA but when I call my number I get 10 sec silence then fast busy. I can dial out but there is no sound either way. Caller ID is now working. I tried with the software and it does the same thing. Even with the software connected to the server I get fast busy dialing my number. I spoke with one of my friend that have also have a FPL at home and he suffer from exact same probleme. I did not change anything in my network / ATA since it stopped working. I rebooted the router and the ATA to be on the safe side. Still no go.
Funkytown
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Post by Funkytown »

Again this is very very important PLEASE CONSIDER PRIVACY to us automatically when using the dialpad *30 or *67... can u please re-add this as a STANDARD FEATURE for our own phone number when calling others. As we speak since the upgrade it ain't working anymore :(

Thanks!
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Funkytown wrote:Again this is very very important PLEASE CONSIDER PRIVACY to us automatically when using the dialpad *30 or *67... can u please re-add this as a STANDARD FEATURE for our own phone number when calling others. As we speak since the upgrade it ain't working anymore :(

Thanks!
We will consider this as a standard feature as you're right it was working before the upgrade - However we are not forced by-law to offer this and as such if it needs to be worked on we will have to add it to the to-do list and make room for more crucial improvements.
Kris
Funkytown
Technical Support

Post by Funkytown »

admin wrote:

We will consider this as a standard feature as you're right it was working before the upgrade
thank you :)
sl9280
Quiet One

Post by sl9280 »

admin wrote:Registration issues - Softphone not able to register some time but still be able to receive call: http://forum.freephoneline.ca/viewtopic ... 9828#p9828
- Resolved
This is still not resolved. I still not able to register using my softphone. The thread you refer me to is for ATA that is not what I am using.

If per the thread said it will need to switch to different voip server, please tell me how to do that with softphone.

My network is no problem and port 13000 for sure is not blocked.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

sl9280, can you please pm me your number, I am fairly confident this is an isolated incident as I've tested 3 numbers and they've all worked as 11:15 last night.
Kris
sl9280
Quiet One

Post by sl9280 »

Kris, I tried another location in my office with different public internet connection. And it works now.
My company may apply new firewall rules to make it not available for other Voip client except the one for the company (use VPN to the voip server). It used to work on the RAW connection subnet in my office but it seems that they patch the hole now.

Too bad to let you know that I cannot use freephoneline in my office anymore!

Anyhow, freephoneline is a good portable phone that I shall continue to use it while on the road. I like the FollowMe feature so that even I cannot always on-line, I can still receive call on my forwarded phone. Good job FPL!

I shall try it at home tonight that used to work but not last night and post back to confirm if it will be working without problem.

I can also confirm that the caller ID display and the DTMF transmission are all normal now for my phone number. Thank you for FPL's hard work.

However, the call log issue is still not fixed

- Calls originate from the freephoneline softphone did not capature the "From" number and the "Duration" field is always "0.0" in the call log no matter how long you talk. It is no problem for free call areas but may impact for LD and paid calls.

Regards.
sl9280
Quiet One

Post by sl9280 »

Question about voice mail box:

1. When I am engaged into a conversation using softphone, there is a 3rd party call my freephoneline number. He got silence for 15 seconds and then get a busy tone.
2. Should it be able to divert the 3rd party call to my voice mail box instead of a busy tone while I am on the call?

That should be a baisc function and purpose of the voice mail box. When you are not on-line incoming call divert to voice mail and when you are talking on the phone, call divert to voice mail.

3. I understanding that call waiting is not available on softphone, but at least it should be able to divert the 3rd party call to my voicemail box.

I am not sure this is a bug after server upgrade or it is normal for softphone.

Hope FPL give an answer on this issue.

Regards.
Funkytown
Technical Support

Post by Funkytown »

I have also noticed on both ATA voip devices that ive tested voice conversations are extremely laggy ever since the upgrade, any reason to why this is happening?

Thanks!
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

Well it seems the first time I submitted this problem I was ignored, so here it is again for the admins to read: Message Waiting Indicator is not working. At all. My ATA is receiving errors and, therefore, can not be made aware of the new voicemail I have right now.
techevo
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Videotron
Computer OS: Linux

Post by techevo »

After several hours of trouble shooting I got my FPL to work like it used to !

If you have a Fortinet fortigate firewall/router here is what happen. With the upgrade at freephoneline, there is a change in the sip packets.
Now the application layer gateway does not recognize the type of SIP response from the voip server ( unrecognized-form ).
By default the SIP ALG is setup to block traffic of unrecognized-form.
You will have to change the setting "block-unknow" to disable in the application list for your sip protection profile ( refer to page 85 of the fortigate 4.0 MR1 CLI reference for more information )
Hope this help other people as it took me several hours to figure this out by myself!