$ 35 fee for 911?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Re: $ 35 fee for 911?

Post by mh1983 »

Thanks Jake!
Jake wrote:They did, it's called Fongo :D
Point well taken. :)
Jake wrote:I guess they could, but it would be the death of the company. I can't see any business model going from free to paid over night and expecting to survive.
I agree, and hope FPL continues to do the needful.
FONGO_jeff
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_jeff »

Jake wrote:I guess they could, but it would be the death of the company. I can't see any business model going from free to paid over night and expecting to survive.
If I may be candid, there are NO PLANS to switch to a paid model for FPL, so people should not worry or speculate about that. However, in theory, if we did do something along those lines, it would definitely not be the death of the company by any stretch of the imagination.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I completely understand that Jeff, and if course we are talking completely extremely hypothetically.
seagame2001
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Post by seagame2001 »

Just use your cellphone to call 911. Every has cellphone nowsaday
Le loup
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Cisco spa 112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1
ISP Name: Vidéotron Cable
Computer OS: win 10
Router: linksys EA4500

Post by Le loup »

Not every body. Me and my girlfriend has only just ONE cellphone. Personalty i agree with the 35$ FPL (Fongo) as to pay for it probably each time a smart one call 911 ONLY for test, It is a good idea to stop those kind of thing, but if you use the 911 with purpose and we submit a emergency report (police, fire, or paramedic) to FPL (Fongo) they maybe agree to remove those fee for this call.

And for those who like to make emergency call dispatch waste time with there TEST CALL don't blame FPL (Fongo) to charge us the fee mostly if before waste TEST CALL you heaved take a little look to the 3rd party dispatch web site they have a procedure to do test call and prevent FPL (Fongo) to be charge and of course to charge it back to us.
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Post by Mango »

There is no indication that FPL has the intention of waiving the fee.