Incoming Calls are down?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Incoming Calls are down?

Post by Fongo Support »

[/quote]
Hello there,

Can you connect your SPA directly to the modem and let me know?

Thanks,[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I will do that at afternoon once I will return to home from work. I will let you know what happens.[/quote]

I have hooked the SIP directly with my internet modem (Motorolla). The issue was not solved. However a little bit of improvement with some inconsistant results. In most cases calls were starting to come, but as soon I press the talk button of my home phone set, it disconnects the call. However, sometimes I was able to receive call. So, I thought it's not the router that was causing the problem. So, I have changed the setup to the previous state by connecting the SIP to the internet via the router. Since then I have tried a few times to call my FPL number from my cell phone. And all the calls are coming!!

I have no clue what was causing the problem before. I hope I won't have any issue further. If you guys have any recommendations/suggestions, please let me know. I will keep you posted if I have any issue.
Thanks..[/quote]

Hello there,

If one line is working and second one is not, there are too many things that can be wrong. Please verify your setup one more time on your ATA and if it's still not working, please send a PM to any of the Mods with your setup details and they should be able to help.

Just to confirm- Keep alive should be enabled on your ATA as per recommended settings:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

Thanks,
cyberic68
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Sipura SPA-2002
Firmware Version: 3.1.5
ISP Name: Cable - Videotron
Computer OS: Win 8 Pro, Win 7, Win XP, Ubuntu
Router: Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H

Post by cyberic68 »

I didn't have a chance to connect my Sipura direct to my modem, but I made other test and look what I found interresting

As I said I have 2 freephoneline lines, 1 is working ok but the other there is no incoming sound. I have kept the same settings from one line to the other one same result.

But I discover when I phoning other freephoneline lines, I have two friends that have freephoneline at home, it is working. As soon I am trying to call outside number of freephoneline, it is still no working. The did call my friend again, it worked then called outside number, not working.

Can one of my two lines (the one not working) not being re-directed the same way in your hardware?

Almost impossible now that is coming from my side with these tests.

But I will try the direct connection with my modem, just to prove my point

Also, when you say send me a PM, sorry what is a PM?

Thanks to your team

Eric
syedmahm
Just Passing Thru

Post by syedmahm »

Fongo Support wrote:
Hello there,

Can you connect your SPA directly to the modem and let me know?

Thanks,[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I will do that at afternoon once I will return to home from work. I will let you know what happens.[/quote]

I have hooked the SIP directly with my internet modem (Motorolla). The issue was not solved. However a little bit of improvement with some inconsistant results. In most cases calls were starting to come, but as soon I press the talk button of my home phone set, it disconnects the call. However, sometimes I was able to receive call. So, I thought it's not the router that was causing the problem. So, I have changed the setup to the previous state by connecting the SIP to the internet via the router. Since then I have tried a few times to call my FPL number from my cell phone. And all the calls are coming!!

I have no clue what was causing the problem before. I hope I won't have any issue further. If you guys have any recommendations/suggestions, please let me know. I will keep you posted if I have any issue.
Thanks..[/quote]

Hello there,

If one line is working and second one is not, there are too many things that can be wrong. Please verify your setup one more time on your ATA and if it's still not working, please send a PM to any of the Mods with your setup details and they should be able to help.

Just to confirm- Keep alive should be enabled on your ATA as per recommended settings:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

Thanks,[/quote]

Many thanks for the link. I will make sure that my ATA has the same setting is suggested in this link. My phone is fine in this morning so far.
cyberic68
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Sipura SPA-2002
Firmware Version: 3.1.5
ISP Name: Cable - Videotron
Computer OS: Win 8 Pro, Win 7, Win XP, Ubuntu
Router: Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H

Post by cyberic68 »

Finally, I found the error in my case and I am able to reproduce the error

One of my two lines works only on SIP server voip2.freephoneline.com and the other works on both SIP server.

So I think now it is a question for the technical support people to tell us why this is happening? And how they will patch/fix the bug because it should work on both SIP Server

Hopefully, it will help some of you

Eric
anthoncom
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT287 Rev4.1
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows

Post by anthoncom »

No incoming calls since Feb 28th
All call getting redirected to Follow Me number and also log is full of following errors:

"Unallocated (unassigned) number"

No problem making outgoing calls.

Can someone help please ?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

anthoncom wrote:No incoming calls since Feb 28th
All call getting redirected to Follow Me number and also log is full of following errors:

"Unallocated (unassigned) number"

No problem making outgoing calls.

Can someone help please ?
Hello there,

Please check follow me settings for your account. The issue might be in that setting.
If still not working, send me PM with phone number associated with the account and I can have a look.

Thanks,
chree2fer
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT286
Firmware Version: 4.1
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Computer OS: win 7
Router: bell router

Cannot hear caller's voice

Post by chree2fer »

I have a grandstream ht286 on freephoneline. Since Friday, I've been having this problem. I cannot hear the caller's voice. They can hear me no problem, but I cannot hear the. It has done it a couple of times before, but I just reset/unplug the adapter and everything worked fine again. But not, I have unplug the router and adapter and still nothing. Bell has also changed my modem/router, Sagecom Fast 2864. it cannot be the router because prior to the change it has already done it a couple of times.

With the previous modem/router, I just plugged the adapter and it started working no problem.

I have had this adapter for 1 1/2 years. how long do this units last?

Any help is appreciated.
RafaDOm
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: GrandStream HT287
Firmware Version: Rev4.1
ISP Name: TekSavvy
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: LinkSys WRT54G2

Post by RafaDOm »

I have no incoming calls since this morning.
I had this problem about 2 weeks ago and got it fixed after applying changes for the ATA configuration. These settings are still the same, but NO incoming calls.
Thanks
R.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

RafaDOm wrote:I have no incoming calls since this morning.
I had this problem about 2 weeks ago and got it fixed after applying changes for the ATA configuration. These settings are still the same, but NO incoming calls.
Thanks
R.
Hello there,

Have you tried forwarding the ports in your router?

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ing#p45628

Please let me know.

Thanks,
RafaDOm
Just Passing Thru

Post by RafaDOm »

Of course. (Ports are showing just like the image in the link in my router)
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

RafaDOm wrote:Of course. (Ports are showing just like the image in the link in my router)
If that's the case, I would suggest to power off modem/router and ata for at least 10 minutes and plug them back in one by one.
I just investigated your account and ATA is not registering.

I am sending you PM.

Thanks,
RafaDOm
Just Passing Thru

Post by RafaDOm »

I can't reset modem/router right now (but I tried that already this morning)
DAT
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: none
Firmware Version: none
ISP Name: rogers
Computer OS: windows 7 and XP
Router: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Post by DAT »

RafaDOm wrote:I can't reset modem/router right now (but I tried that already this morning)

For the workaround for now, you can try to add this line to your hosts file: 208.65.240.165 voip.freephoneline.ca

Hope that would help you.