Beep During Calls

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
molsonbubba
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Lynksys PAP2
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 LS
ISP Name: Cogeco
Computer OS: WIN7
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U

Beep During Calls

Post by molsonbubba »

Having a problem with a key press like beeping that is heard during calls. I can hear it when I call Freephoneline # at home from Bell cell. People also complained calling me from Vdieotron (Quebec cable), Bell land lines from different cities across Canada. Beep seems to be coming at regular intervals of approximately 30 seconds. It is not call waiting.

I found two other posts with the same issue. Solutions that were suggested did not help.

Cisco PAP2T
FW 5.1.6 (LS)
Router: Dlink DIR-655

Thanks in advance for assistance.
I ran out of altitude, speed and ideas...all at the same time...
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Beep During Calls

Post by Fongo Support »

molsonbubba wrote:Having a problem with a key press like beeping that is heard during calls. I can hear it when I call Freephoneline # at home from Bell cell. People also complained calling me from Vdieotron (Quebec cable), Bell land lines from different cities across Canada. Beep seems to be coming at regular intervals of approximately 30 seconds. It is not call waiting.

I found two other posts with the same issue. Solutions that were suggested did not help.

Cisco PAP2T
FW 5.1.6 (LS)
Router: Dlink DIR-655

Thanks in advance for assistance.
Hi there,

Sometimes, one party or the other will hear sounds as if a digit on the phone had been pressed. This is often caused by "talk-off". Here is how you may solve it:

To solve you hearing sounds as if the other party had pressed a digit, try to set DTMF Process INFO and DTMF Process AVT to No. If you require remote access to a physical answering machine, be sure to test this after making these changes.

To solve the other party hearing sounds as if you had pressed a digit, set DTMF Tx Method to InBand.

Reference from below:

http://www.toao.net/25-linksys-ata-configuration

Please try and let me know.

Thanks,
lermure
Just Passing Thru

Post by lermure »

I have the same problem but with this ATA device :

Grandstream Device HT287 Rev4.1

Do you know what we can do, to correct the beep during calls?
lermure
Just Passing Thru

Post by lermure »

need fongo support please on this!!!
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

lermure wrote:need fongo support please on this!!!
Hi there,

I am on it..

Please send me a PM with your ticket# and I will investigate this asap.

Thanks!