[Resolved For Now] CHOPPY/STUTTERING/GLITCHY/DIGITALIZED

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
beverly
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: PAP2T/SPA1001
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)/3.1.19(SE)
ISP Name: TekSavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8
Smartphone Model: HTC Amaze 4G
Android Version: 4.0.3 - Energy Aug 6th

[Resolved For Now] CHOPPY/STUTTERING/GLITCHY/DIGITALIZED

Post by beverly »

Has this happened before?
Did it start in the last week?
Does it sound like your downloading something?

CHOPPY/STUTTERING/GLITCHY/DIGITALIZED abit odd sometimes

I get this too but i'm not downloading anything (10down/1up) just FPLing. Theres someone else getting this.. it doesn't happen all the time. It didn't happen before. It's like the random drops that happen.

In Board index ‹ General Discussions ‹ General discussions on VoIP

Digitalized Voice Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:28 pm
Ed_tech wrote:When speaking to someone the voices sometimes become digitalized. It's like I'm speaking to some in the Matrix movie!
Anyone know why this happens and is there a fix?

Details: I'm using 4 basic analog phones throughout my house, connecting through a Linksys PAP2T ATA, LINKSYS WRT320N Router and then through a DSL highspeed modem 4-5MBS Down- 600-800KBS Up.

Thanks
Ed
and

Poor audio quality with Linksys rt31p2 V1.28.03 Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:59 pm
zmzy2000 wrote:I am using Linksys rt31p2 V1.28.03 and experiencing poor audio quality.
Unfortunately, V1.28.03 firmware does support to change RTP Packet Size to 0.020. (Please see attached jpg file)
What can I do?

Thanks in advance!
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: CHOPPY/STUTTERING/GLITCHY/DIGITALIZED abit odd sometimes

Post by bridonca »

I was on redflagdeals, and they were discussing this same issue with another SIP VOIP carrier that is generally quoted as glitch free. I went on my usual spiel that it was likely the Internet carrier shaping traffic, which sounds about right. However, the possible reason for the shaping traffic interesting. The World cup. I am not surprised internet connections are getting hammered trying to watch the show, and the Internet provider switched on traffic shaping to protect itself. Which is causing your problems, because traffic shaping is a crap technology. Just a though.