calls going straight to voice mail

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
ragsq
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 3.1.15(LS)
ISP Name: Bell Dsl
Computer OS: windows xp

calls going straight to voice mail

Post by ragsq »

Ever since Thursday night all my calls are going directly to voice mail. Has anybody else experience this problem? Trying to solve this problem with no luck. I am able to make phone calls but I am not able to receive calls.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: calls going straight to voice mail

Post by bridonca »

Did you forward ports from your router to your ATA? I know it is annoying that it worked before, but now it does not, but for some reason your router no longer routes the correct ports to your ATA. I have no idea why it does that, one of those fun things about SIP through a NAT I guess. Manually assigning the ports to the ATA from the router usually fixes the problem.
ragsq
Just Passing Thru

Post by ragsq »

I officially wasted my whole day trying to fix this problem. I can make calls, but my calls go directly to voice mail. Can anybody help me?
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

Not that likely with the feedback you are providing. I will ask again, did you forward ports? What do you have for a router, modem and ATA device?
ragsq
Just Passing Thru

Post by ragsq »

Sorry about that. I have internet with bell so I have a 2Wire 2701 modem and it is connected directly to a Linksys PAP2T-NA. Already checked to make sure the onfiguration is correct on the Linksys PAP2T-NA. Could you please tell me which ports need to be open on the modem besides 5600 and 5601. Although I have not made any changes to my modem.