Phone still not working

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
bigfatalleycat
Just Passing Thru

Phone still not working

Post by bigfatalleycat »

When I dial out I get a message saying "that password is not valid" Also all incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I have tried the trick of changing the server to voip2.freephonline.com but that does not work. Also unplugged the ATA for 30 min with no change. Please help!
Vladski
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.4.14
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows
Router: SMC

Re: Phone still not working

Post by Vladski »

bigfatalleycat wrote:When I dial out I get a message saying "that password is not valid" Also all incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I have tried the trick of changing the server to voip2.freephonline.com but that does not work. Also unplugged the ATA for 30 min with no change. Please help!

I have the same issue, Is there a way to correct it?
kejiao
One Hit Wonder

Post by kejiao »

bigfatalleycat wrote:When I dial out I get a message saying "that password is not valid" Also all incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I have tried the trick of changing the server to voip2.freephonline.com but that does not work. Also unplugged the ATA for 30 min with no change. Please help!
I met the same problem. Anyone could provide some directions to solve it? Thanks a lot in advance.
Funkytown
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Post by Funkytown »

I'm not sure if both of you have already got the help needed with this issue but I will still try and help you here anyways, usually what this means is your password that you previously entered into your ATA device is not correct. Manually type the password into your ATA device (the password is inside your Freephoneline admin interface sip settings) after adding this password just apply/save new settings then (reboot) your ATA and this should solve the password problem.

Let me know if this works plz!