FPL - Can not hear other side

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
leiz_ca
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Huawei Mate
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Android

FPL - Can not hear other side

Post by leiz_ca »

Have FPL account with SIP unlock code. Tried both windows desktop FPL application, and SIP client on Android phone / iphone, have exactly same issue. I can not hear other side talking while other side can hear mine. Tried wifi / 3G, same result. Try fongo app on iPhone and it works fine with fongo account. Also tried other sip account on Android/iphone and all worked fine. Is there anything I need to setup to fix this? Thanks a lot for any help!
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: FPL - Can not hear other side

Post by Fongo Support »

leiz_ca wrote:Have FPL account with SIP unlock code. Tried both windows desktop FPL application, and SIP client on Android phone / iphone, have exactly same issue. I can not hear other side talking while other side can hear mine. Tried wifi / 3G, same result. Try fongo app on iPhone and it works fine with fongo account. Also tried other sip account on Android/iphone and all worked fine. Is there anything I need to setup to fix this? Thanks a lot for any help!
Hi there,

Please open a support ticket for this issue.

Once you have the ticket#, the team will resolve this.

Any issues- please send me a PM

Thanks,
leiz_ca
Just Passing Thru

Post by leiz_ca »

Thanks for the response. It is still not working.

When I try to make the call, I can not hear the ring before the other side pickup the phone. After connection is established, the other side can hear me no problem, while I can only hear silence.

Sounds to me that the audio never reach to my phone (or fpl desktop application). Was suspect the firewall / NAT issue, but switched to different wifi, and different 3G provider (telus, bell, wind) the problem persist.
Funkytown
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Post by Funkytown »

leiz_ca wrote:
the other side can hear me no problem, while I can only hear silence.
Im guessing its earthier your wifi router/modem/3g filtering the recommended FPL ports for your telephone to work fully, things like one-way audio etc are usually related to ports being blocked by hardware firewalls. I suggest you to perhaps configure a Static IP for your SIP ATA voip device. Allow the specific FPL ports to be forwarded with the static ip you setup for your SIp ATA device.
leiz_ca
Just Passing Thru

Post by leiz_ca »

Issue resolved. Called ISP and they somehow remotely reset my ADSL modem, then reboot my router, followed by a reboot of my phone. everything seems working. Over 3G it is kind of weird, sometimes it worked but most of the time it didn't. Guess I need to try some other telephone company.

Anyway, I don't think it is FPL's issue and thanks a lot for all the help here!