can't hear other side voice when make call or receive call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: I can hear people just fine. They Cannot hear ME

Postby Chambl » 11/01/2015

I was advised to change the to this: voip.freephoneline.ca to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060

Before the change, it was voip.freephoneline.ca.

Have any of you tried this, and did it work? It hasn't for me, though maybe i'm entering it into the wrong field....
Chambl
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: CISCO PAP2A
Firmware Version: 1.3.1
ISP Name: Start
Computer OS: Win10
Router: Netgear

Re: User ID issue?

Postby Mango » 11/01/2015

samiam wrote:had the first one for a couple years now, and purchased another today. with my pap2 ata setup as is, my original number works fine. when i only change the username and password to the new number, i'm not able to hear a ringing after dialing or the person on the other end, although they can hear me.

Since your ATA works with one account but not the other, this indicates a problem with your new account. This is an ongoing problem with new accounts for many years now. It is sad that Fongo staff do not care to correct the problem permanently.

Open a ticket: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
If your ticket is closed without investigation, send Fongo Support a PM with the ticket number: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7852
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Re: can't hear other side voice when make call or receive ca

Postby Fongo Support » 11/01/2015

Hi,

re-> It is sad that Fongo staff do not care to correct the problem permanently.

Thank you so much for your very detailed and positive feedback. I will let management know.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby Mango » 11/01/2015

I detect a tone of sarcasm in your message. :roll:
Mango
Tried and True

Postby Fongo Support » 11/01/2015

Mango wrote:I detect a tone of sarcasm in your message. :roll:

Hi,

Sorry- I will really pass your feedback to management.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

no sound on phone

Postby teazer » 11/14/2015

Hi i am trying everything to get the sound working on my phone. It will work when I check the voicemail bu nothing when i receive or make calls. The person on the other end hears my voice. Tried different configurations.

Using Linksys EA4500 router
Phone adapter SPA112

I had this working for two years until I had to reste the system and now I cannot figure out what i missed.

Please help!
teazer
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: spa112
ISP Name: cable
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: ae4500 linksys

Postby Mango » 11/15/2015

Please be sure your SPA112 is configured as per the official guide, including my post below the official guide: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16206

Since you have a cable ISP, please use the Rogers proxy voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060

Please change your SIP Port to 59535

If this does not solve the problem, let us know and we will troubleshoot further.
Mango
Tried and True

call his cut and returns after a few seconds

Postby tijeff9 » 11/16/2015

Hello

I have problem in my phone freephone line for some time during the phone call his cut and returns after a few seconds , I made no change in my configuration, I redemarer devices and still have the same problem , I have a linksys PAP2 , do you have an idea for me please

Thank you
tijeff9
Just Passing Thru

Postby teazer » 11/17/2015

Mango wrote:Please be sure your SPA112 is configured as per the official guide, including my post below the official guide: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16206

Since you have a cable ISP, please use the Rogers proxy voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060

Please change your SIP Port to 59535

If this does not solve the problem, let us know and we will troubleshoot further.

I tried this and it still does not work. Also, I am using acanac but it comes over Rogers cable. If that makes any difference.
teazer
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: spa112
ISP Name: cable
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: ae4500 linksys

Postby tijeff9 » 11/17/2015

Hi

I have try to reset to factory my pap2
And i have the same problem when
I talk a couple of minute the voice cut
I dont hear the other side . do you have
Another idea for me

Thank you
tijeff9
Just Passing Thru

Postby flutbox3574 » 12/04/2015

my phone work fine from the first time was activated with freephoneline but suddenly when I make calls no one hear me I reset my modem and configuration is good but the problem also not fixed. Please tell me how I do.
flutbox3574
One Hit Wonder

ISP Name: Videotron Cable
Computer OS: windows 10

one way radio on outgoing calls but incoming is fine.

Postby vicky » 01/30/2016

I have two FPL phones. Same Cisco DPT3825 ATP with shaw cable, same Grandstream HT-486 and same setting. However, one is working well for years and the newer one was working well, but all of sudden the other side cannot hear me on ongoing calls.

SIP Server: voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060
Please help!
vicky
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT486
ISP Name: shaw

Postby Mango » 01/30/2016

Try to change your Local SIP Port to 29647. Does that solve the problem?
Mango
Tried and True

Postby vicky » 02/05/2016

Hi Mango,

I did read lots of your old posts and tried different solutions such as port forwarding on my Cisco, SIP port to 29647, and voip3.freephoneline.ca. Nothing worked. I did try to change local SIP port to 29647 one more time. It did not work.

Sorry I describe my problem wrong on the fist post. My problem is I cannot hear the other side on outgoing calls.

I just know the working line I choose No to the setting: Use STUN keep-alive to detect networks connectivity.

I have to choose differently on the same setting for the nonworking line. I cannot hear the other side on both incoming and outgoing calls at first. However, the incoming calls are working fine after I changed the following setting to Yes.
Use STUN keep-alive to detect networks connectivity: Yes, total STUN response misses (mininum=3) 5 to start DHCP

Any ideas how to solve the problem?
vicky
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 02/05/2016

It's a little odd that voip3 didn't work, but perhaps a SIP ALG on your router is preventing voip3 from working, and a problem with your account is preventing voip, voip2, and voip4 from working.

I suggest you open a ticket: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new . Advise staff that you have a one-way audio problem with one account only. Hopefully they will be able to solve the problem; if not, we will troubleshoot further.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby vicky » 02/06/2016

Thank you for your help! After the Fongo team reset my phone at the back end, my phone is working properly now.
vicky
Just Passing Thru

Postby maximebeauvais » 02/10/2016

Just for the record and maybe it could help other people.

I have this problem 2 days ago. I was able to call but I could not hear the other side. However, they were able to hear me.

I just did a shut down of my ATA for 30 sec and power up and that's it, work fine.

PS: someone know why is this happening at first?
maximebeauvais
Active Poster

ISP Name: Bell Fibre 25/25
Router: Bell Home Hub 2000

Postby Mango » 02/10/2016

If your account is affected by the one-way audio bug, and if your OBi110 was compensating for it with X_DiscoverPublicAddress, and if Bell changed your IP address, then you would experience the symptoms you describe. Rebooting your OBi would cause it to re-register, and thus discover your new public IP, which made your service work.

That is not by any means the only explanation, but I guess it is the most likely.
Mango
Tried and True

No body hear me. cutting off or breaking off

Postby fred470 » 02/14/2016

I have a spa 122 I bought a month a ago
When I make a phone call or receive a phone call
I can hear them they cant hear me
I did the configuration from the fongo forums
I have rogers Internet hitron modem
Any suggestions will be appreciated
Thanks
fred470
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: spa 122
Firmware Version: 1.41
ISP Name: rogers
Computer OS: windows 10
Router: hitron

Postby Mango » 02/15/2016

Are you using voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 ?
Mango
Tried and True

Postby aha » 04/04/2016

Short story: putting the ATA in the DMZ is the final thing that resolved the problem. I have opened a support ticket to see if there's a configuration step I'm missing where I don't have to expose the ATA in the DMZ.

Long Story below (also have submitted this as a support ticket):

I’m a new freephonline.ca VOIP unlock user

Original Problem:
When I call out or receive a call, the other user can hear me but I cannot hear them. When I call out, I don’t get any ring tones but the other user hears ringing and when they answer I cannot hear them speak.

My set-up is as follow:
ISP: Rogers
VOIP ATA: Cisco SPA 112
Modem/Router: Hitron CGN3ACR being used in gateway mode (no additional router)

My VOIP ATA is configured:
a) as described for Rogers Hitron customers, e.g. SIP Server: voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 and all other settings described in http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials
b) following the CISCO SPA112 PDF guide posted in the forum viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16206
c) using the additional settings:
Handle VIA received: yes
Handle VIA rport: yes
Substitute VIA Addr: yes

d) I also asked rogers to disable the SIP ALG setting on Hitron CGN3ACR which they said they did.

Steps to resolve problem:

I performed steps a, b, and c, and d, from the above but the final thing that resolved the issue was putting the IP Address of my Cisco SPA 112 in the DMZ of my Hitron CGN3ACR. As soon as I take my ATA out of the DMZ, the original problem comes back. Is there a setting that I’m missing where I don’t have to expose my ATA and put it in the DMZ?

Other Notes:

- When I take the ATA out of the DMZ and use SIP Port: 29647 and I make a call out, I get no ring tone but the receiver does. When the receiver picks up, the receiver can hear me but I cannot hear them. But when a caller calls me, we can hear each other.
- Using voip3.freephoneline.ca didn’t work for me either. I get the same results as being on voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060
aha
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.5
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Hitron CGN3ACR

Postby Mango » 04/11/2016

Instead of DMZ, try to forward UDP (not TCP) ports 16384-16482 to your ATA's static IP address. This is more secure as it does not expose your SIP Port to the internet. A high/random port number such as 29647 is good; I suggest you keep that along with your other settings.

Alternately, FPL's support may fix the problem with your account that required all these workarounds. One way or another I would like to see you not use DMZ as that disables your firewall and is a security concern.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby aha » 04/11/2016

Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end, I put the Hitron CGN3ACR in bridge mode, dusted off the old router and plugged it in. All problems are now resolved.
aha
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.5
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Hitron CGN3ACR

Postby mh1983 » 04/12/2016

Glad bridge mode + old router did the trick! My parents have that same modem/router (Hitron) and have had nothing but problems with it (drops WiFi all the time). When I bridged it it and added an old but reliable router, that did the trick for them, too.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

NO INCOMING SOUND

Postby zsylvainz » 04/29/2016

I have tried everything. I do not receive sound incoming sound. I tried using spa2102 ATA and Ht701 ATA. I have tried every configurations specified in this forum and other forums for both ATA. I know how to port forward and I tried that also. I also have an ATA with Axsit and one with GemsTelecom. Both work flawlessly. I also tried removing both those ATA (including their port frowarding settings in the router) to make shure their would not be any conflict.

I am pretty shure it is a problem on FPL side. Why would my 2 other ATA work ? There shouldn't be any magic to this !!! I am very disapointed by their service. I paid to get the setup info for the ATA and cannot get it to work. I know they don't want to help with configfuration ford third party ATA but what if it is a problem on their side. After All, Why the hell can I configure any ATA to work flawlessly with other Phone Service Provider but FPL ???? Looking for help from anybody

Both my ATA have the latest firmware, same with my router.

Thanks to FPL, I have spent at least 8 very frustating hours on this so far, not counting the money I sent them. Looking for help from anybody

Thanks
zsylvainz
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: HT701
ISP Name: Videotron cable
Computer OS: win10 64 bits
Router: NetGear R7000

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support