I cant'receive any call ?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
va2kh
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: freephoneline
ISP Name: telus
Computer OS: windows 8.1
Router: wgr615v

I cant'receive any call ?

Post by va2kh »

Hello,

I have an ATA NETGEAR WGR615v I can place any phone call but I can't receive any call ?

When someone try to call me it's always busy tone or going to my message box ?

Thank you for your infos !
Ramjet555a
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys Pap2T
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Links WRT54G

Re: I cant'receive any call ?

Post by Ramjet555a »

IF you are not receiving phone calls it may be because your line is brand new and not activated.
That is , accurate to April 10, 2014.. I expect that FPL will rectify that problem.

BEFORE YOU CONTACT SUPPORT.
HERE ARE TWO ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS TO READ...

The WORD document of settings for Linksys PAP2 is excellent.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=310

AND a MUST READ is
http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

A big thank you to Cosman at Support at Free Phone Line..
Incredibly helpful.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

Freephoneline works fine. Your setup has some really serious problems though. I will get to that later.

As for Freephoneline not being responsive, I agree, they have their good days and bad days. I do not think it helps that their tech support people get overrun by calls on problems that are not really their fault on their end. What makes it worse the receive calls problem looks to be the fault of the freephoneline network, while in reality, it is usually the ATA, modem, and router that are not playing nice. But I also agree, Fongo could make it easier to contact someone, even to get to this forum.

Anyway, let us work on fixing your problem, you have a NAT issue, where you router does not know where to send the incoming call. You need a good router with a good firmware to a accomplish this goal. If you have a Linksys WRT54 that is not flashed with DD-WRT, do it, or get a better router, one with the ability to flash to DD-WRT. This is not optional. The router controls the show, and if the firmware is not stable, the routing of packets will not be either.

Make sure the modem is in bridge mode, which disables the router in the modem. Two routers cause NAT issues galore, and you do not want that. When the modem is in bridge mode, the router is the only device that routes packets.

Each ATA needs their own incoming RTP port(s) That is why you are not getting any incoming calls. The router does not know where to route the incoming packets automatically, so it needs help. You need to manually configure the router to direct the RTP packets to the ATA. I believe the default PAP2T port range is 16384 - 16538 so map those ports from the router to the ATA. If you are using other ATA devices, make sure you change the port ranges on the ATA to something unique, and that are not being used by some other device. And make sure you map that from the router to the ATA.

What are you using for a modem? Like some routers, some modems are so bad they are just not suitable for VOIP
va2kh
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: freephoneline
ISP Name: telus
Computer OS: windows 8.1
Router: wgr615v

Post by va2kh »

Somebody can tell me if something wrong with this configuration from my NETGEAR WGR615v

Thank you
Attachments
ATA2.jpg
ATA2.jpg (138.28 KiB) Viewed 6143 times
ATA1.jpg
ATA1.jpg (97.68 KiB) Viewed 6143 times
wuyikun
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: linksys pap2
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: TEKSAVVY
Computer OS: WINDOWS 7
Router: NETGEAR WNDR3700

Post by wuyikun »

I have been using freephone line for long time, however since Sunday, I can not receive any incoming calls, which go straight to my voicemail.
I did not change any setup in my router and Linksys PAS2. I am not sure what happened.

Could you help me out.

Thanks
wuyikun
Just Passing Thru

Post by wuyikun »

Since Sunday I can not receive any incoming calls, which go straight to my voicemail. I did not change any setup on my router and Linksys PAP2. I am not sure what happened.

Could you help me out.

Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Power down your ATA for 10 minutes or so and then start it up again. That should fix it.
wuyikun
Just Passing Thru

Post by wuyikun »

I tried to power off my linksys pap2 for half an hour, still does not work.

Any other solutions?

Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I would open a support ticket and get them to look into your registration a bit more. They might be able to see something that will help. See my sig for links.