no ring tone

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

no ring tone

Postby dnagar » 10/05/2014

I sent Linksys ATA to my parents in Europe and very often when i call them there is no ring tone at all, and after 30 second there is a message "the person you are trying to reach is not available, please leave a message". When i do get a ringtone and they answer we have normal conversation without a problem. But very often i get no ring tone at all and if i keep trying I may get lucky and get ring tone suddenly and have normal conversation. Could it be their router problem (i do not know what router they have) may be porting problem? When i look at their FPL call logs all those calls that i tried without ring tones are registered as "normal call clearing".

Here are their ATA details:

SIP Status: connected
SIP User Agent: Linksys/PAP2-3.1.22(LS)

Inbound/Outbound Proxy: voip.freephoneline.ca
Registration Expires: 3600
Use Preferred Codec: G711U or G729a
Use Preferred Codec Only: No
RTP Packet Size: 0.020
Ring Tone Frequency: 52
Ring Tone Voltage: 90
Recommended Linksys Dial String: (911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)
(please note that this is a Linksys dial string we use for our devices and may not work with third party, non-Linksys/Sipura devices)

Any suggestions?
dnagar
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: pap2t-na
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: 3web, cable
Computer OS: win7
Router: linsys wrt160 n v2

Re: no ring tone

Postby lustucru » 10/05/2014

From the posts I have read on Google, the Linksys Ring Tone volume and frequencies are suitable for most locations. However, they may need an adjustment depending on the country where the device is used.

Attached are the Grandstream ATA advanced configuration options. You can compare them with the Linksys user manual instructions and see if any adjustments are required.
Attachments
Grandstream Device Configuration Advanced Settings 2.pdf
(189.46 KiB) Downloaded 1721 times
lustucru
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Re: no ring tone

Postby dnagar » 03/29/2015

There was problem with internet modem/router settings over there. Now it is fixed and phone rings every time and sound is very clear.
dnagar
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: pap2t-na
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: 3web, cable
Computer OS: win7
Router: linsys wrt160 n v2

Return to Community Support