Can no longer call my cell phone?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
bananax
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA 2102
Firmware Version: Latest
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Computer OS: Win 7

Can no longer call my cell phone?

Post by bananax »

Hello, I can no longer call my cell phone from my FPL home phone, it was working for the last 4 years without issue.

I can still call my work number ( both my work and cell are based in Burlington Ontario)

I can still call my FPL line from my cell phone.

When I try to call my cell from FPL, it says it's a long distance number, I dail 1, and it says it's a long distance number. Nothing has changed on my cell phone account. So I'm confused. :)

Also, can I change the "base" / home zone or area of my FPL account to Burlington from Toronto?
lustucru
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Re: Can no longer call my cell phone?

Post by lustucru »

Burlington (Ontario) is a free destination per this list:

http://www.freephoneline.ca/cityListing

Please open a support ticket, providing the area code and the exchange (first 3 digits) of the called destination.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

As far as I know, FPL does not give the message that a call will be long distance. If the number is not within the free calling areas then it will tell you your account balance is insufficient credit to make the call to that destination.

If you are getting a message about it being long distance, then I would suggest the calls are not being routed through FPL, or you have somehow turned on call forwarding to your cell.

Do you see the calls in your online FPL logs?
bananax
Just Passing Thru

Post by bananax »

Thanks for the replies.

I can not see the calls on my log.

How do I open a support ticket?
Also I had a friend with FPL try to call me. He had the same problem.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

You can open a support ticket here > http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

This is all very strange and I want to say that it might be a problem with your cell carrier. The fact that someone else tried with a Fongo line is a good indication that there isn't a problem with your ATA though.

Have you tried *cough* mis-dialling your cell number to see if the call goes through (eg 123-456-7899 instead of 123-456-7890)? Obviously this might be an annoyance to whoever you get, but we all get wrong numbers from time to time, and you are only really interested in seeing it the number rings or not so you can put the phone down before they answer. **Disclaimer - This is not something that Fongo would suggest doing, it is just something I might do to run a test.

As for changing your number, sorry I missed that in your first post, the only thing you can do is open a new account and select the new area code you want (you don't need to buy the unlock key again). When you have the new account active, port this number from the new account to your existing one using this form http://support.fongo.com/entries/535548 ... ngo-Mobile (*note there is a $5 charge). This WILL replace your existing number, so if you want to still keep that number you will have to look into something else.
bananax
Just Passing Thru

Post by bananax »

Thanks Jake. I'll try your suggestion.

I called wind they said they had not made any changes and they looked into it and replied with its likely an FPL issue.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

bananax wrote:Thanks Jake. I'll try your suggestion.

I called wind they said they had not made any changes and they looked into it and replied with its likely an FPL issue.
Hi there,

can you please provide the support ticket you have from Wind so I can escalate back to them?

Thanks!
bananax
Just Passing Thru

Post by bananax »

Fongo Support wrote:

Hi there,

can you please provide the support ticket you have from Wind so I can escalate back to them?

Thanks!

I didn't get a ticket number. It was all done in one call. =]
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

bananax wrote:
Fongo Support wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks!

I didn't get a ticket number. It was all done in one call. =]
Hi there,

I suggest to open a support ticket with your current provider to have this documented.

We can also tell you "it's okay at our end" but it's not documented anywhere.

It looks like when you moved to them they did not port you correctly.

regards,
bananax
Just Passing Thru

Post by bananax »

Fongo Support wrote:
I suggest to open a support ticket with your current provider to have this documented.

We can also tell you "it's okay at our end" but it's not documented anywhere.

It looks like when you moved to them they did not port you correctly.

regards,
Hello, I didn't move actually, the phone has been registered in Burlington since the number was set up, and no changes have been made. Which is why I didn't think it was on Winds end.

Should I still call them and try again?