Second number with FPL

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
frankv
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP-2TNA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Motorola

Second number with FPL

Post by frankv »

How can I get a second number with FPL ?

I have a two lines ATA, only using one and would like to add a second number/line.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Second number with FPL

Post by bridonca »

Sure. Get another freephoneline account with another email address, pick a phone number, pay $50 for the SIP settings, and you have another separate line for your ATA device.
frankv
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP-2TNA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Motorola

Post by frankv »

Thanks.
I was kind of looking for an integrated solution, you know: Not having to fund two different accounts for long distance or login/logout/login/logout to listen to voicemail, etc.
In other words: I was expecting an easier / customer-service oriented solution, but that'll have to do.
Thanks again!
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

You can always delve into the world of a PBX! They are very addictive once you start however. You become your own little switchboard where everything you wanted to do with your phone lines suddenly becomes possible. They are not too difficult to set up either, and if you put it on a Rasberry Pi like I have, the power consumption is very minimal, and the hardware is very cheap also.