I have FPL Account with one Yahoo Email, but that email not

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
tester2
Active Poster

I have FPL Account with one Yahoo Email, but that email not

Post by tester2 »

hi guys I need your help,

when I order my FPL at that time I use my Active YAHOO email address and that Yahoo email address I used for FPL order long time. Now the problem for me here is my YAHOO Account is Blocked by YAHOO Server, so I like to know "How to change my email address in FPL Account".

Example below :
mical@yahoo.ca -- this is my YAHOO email address, when I order FPL unlock Key I give this email mical@yahoo.ca to FPL
like when I go on this site https://www.freephoneline.ca/login in enter FPL Account email : mical@yahoo.ca & my password there after I can access my SIP settings etc, but this mical@yahoo.ca email address is dead by YAHOO Server.

now the time passes and my mical@yahoo.ca is Blocked by YAHOO Server, so I don't have any more access to this email address.

But my question is here "How to change a new active email address in FPL account in order to access my SIP settings etc" in future.

Hopefully waiting for your replies.

Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Re: I have FPL Account with one Yahoo Email, but that email

Post by Jake »

From your post I am assuming you can still log into your account online.

Simply login into your account and then click on 'Account Settings' (it is the second tab at the top). There you can change your email address (you will need to verify it) and it will become your new login/contact email address.
Or just click this link and log in https://www.freephoneline.ca/updateAccountDetails and you should be taken to the correct page.

If you can't login, and obviously can't request a reset, then you will have to contact FPL via a support ticket and they will try and verify your account another way, possibly by actually calling you.

Hope this helps.
tester2
Active Poster

Post by tester2 »

thanks a lot for your great help.
Pascal
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Obi202
Firmware Version: 3.0.1 (Build: 4350)
ISP Name: Electronicbox Cable
Computer OS: Win 7
Router: Netgear R6250

Post by Pascal »

i too wanna change my email address but i'm getting this error message "The other phone number can not be a freephoneline number"
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

That is because the other number you have entered there is either an original FPL/Fongo number, or it could be a number that has now been ported to FPL.

Can you put another number in there? like a cell for example. Otherwise I don't think their system will allow you to change your email.
tester2
Active Poster

Post by tester2 »

I am worry to do unnecessary experiments, so I like to know is there any body successfully change their email address on FPL account.

Because I am worry now as JACKE said may be FPL don't allow to change email address on FPL account.

So is there any body have done this before, if yes did you do successfully email address change on FPL account.

Hope some one post their practical experience "How they change the email address on FPL account".

Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Either you read my post wrong, or I wrote/read it wrong.

I didn't say you can't change your email address, I just said you can't change it if you are using a FPL number as your alternate number.

This post actually prompted me to update mine last night, and I did it exactly on the page I linked to above.

Sorry if there was some confusion.
tester2
Active Poster

Post by tester2 »

thanks Jacke all your help, now I understand if i do properly then my email update successfully, as you advice.

Thanks