Unlock Linksys SPA2102-R

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
johnsnow
Just Passing Thru

Unlock Linksys SPA2102-R

Post by johnsnow »

I have a ATA device that is provisioned by my previous VOIP provider, they have changed the admin password for me and with that I was able to setup FPL. I was also advised never to reset the ATA or the device will reset back to default with the VOIP config and I'd have to call them again so they can change the password again. The other issue is they have remote provisioning set which is now turned off, and "Restricted Access Domain" set so I can't use Line 1. I would like to know is it possible to reset it with a generic cfg/FW file so it remains unlocked and needs to be manually configured each time?

I have been reading online and there are lots of tricks to unlock the ATA if you don't have access to the web admin page and do not know the admin password, since this is not the case is there a easy way to upload the cfg or firmware? If not possibly change the remote provisioning so that it points to FPL and not my old VOIP provider?