Account deleted?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
pete_fpl
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Cisco PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Fibrestream
Router: D-Link DIR-601 N 150

Account deleted?

Post by pete_fpl »

I tried to login my account today and it's saying "wrong email or password". Tried the "forgot your password" option and got the same message. I haven't used the # in awhile, as it's mostly used for forwarding, but was it actually deleted? I have that number on business cards, please tell me this is just a glitch.

If my account was in fact deleted, you'd think I'd get some kind of warning email that it was being removed? Is there anyway to recover the number?
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Re: Account deleted?

Post by Mango »

As long as your number has not been assigned to some other user, the staff are likely to re-assign it to you. You may wish to add $5 of World Credits or make an outgoing call every monthish so that the number does not expire in the future.

To recover your number,

Open a new account with a new number.
Open a ticket: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new . Provide your new number and old number and a brief description of what you want.
If your ticket is closed without investigation, send Fongo Support a PM with the ticket number: http://forum.fongo.com/memberlist.php?m ... ile&u=7852
rjeffm
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10

Re: Account deleted?

Post by rjeffm »

Dumb as it is, Freephoneline deletes your account after 90 days if you do not make an outgoing call in that time. No warnings! You'd think that a warning email or notice on the desktop app. would be easy to implement, but no. Regardless, if you send $5 on long distance credits, they tell me they won't delete the account.