Call Waiting --> Call Display

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
ckkatan
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Cisco
ISP Name: DSL
Router: Linksys

Call Waiting --> Call Display

Post by ckkatan »

Hi,

I need help with call display for a secondary call (i.e. call waiting) for FPL connected via Cisco ATA SPA122.

The previous Panasonic phone used to display the call waiting caller ID (as well as hearing the beeping sound) while we are on the first call.

After replacing the old phone with a new Panasonic phone, the new phone does not seem to display the call waiting caller ID. We still hear the beeping sound indicating a call waiting.

I have not changed the settings for the Cisco ATA SPA122. I can't find any settings in the new Panasonic phone for call waiting either. The new phone does display the caller ID for the first incoming call.

Does anyone know how to resolve the caller ID for call waiting?

Thanks.
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Re: Call Waiting --> Call Display

Post by Mango »

The settings to look for are:

Line tab >> CWCID Serv: Yes
User tab >> CWCID Setting: Yes

If CWCID Setting is set to No, it's possible you accidentally dialed the CWCID Deact Code.
ckkatan
Active Poster

Post by ckkatan »

Hi Mango,

It is confirmed that all CID settings are "Yes" (see pictures).
User.png
User.png (23.88 KiB) Viewed 7740 times
Line.png
Line.png (35.75 KiB) Viewed 7740 times
So, the problem may not be related to the SPA122 settings.

Any other suggestions?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

It could be just how the new phone deals with a second call. Can you plug the old phone in and test if it still behaves as it did?
ckkatan
Active Poster

Post by ckkatan »

Hi Jake,

Yes, the old phone works perfectly.

:( I guess the new phone does not support CWCID.
OHOH
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Obi202
ISP Name: FPL, voip.ms

Music during flash/call-waiting

Post by OHOH »

I realized today that the non-active caller when activating call-waiting/flash hears music (kind of like a latin fever feel LOL).
The music DOES NOT play when I activate hold (and that's fine).

I never set this up. Is this something we can change to a simple tone-beep to let them know we're still there, instead of this music?

Thanks
maximebeauvais
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: OBi110
ISP Name: Bell Fibre 25/25
Router: Bell Home Hub 2000

Re: Music during flash/call-waiting

Post by maximebeauvais »

OHOH wrote:I realized today that the non-active caller when activating call-waiting/flash hears music (kind of like a latin fever feel LOL).

I never set this up. Is this something we can change to a simple tone-beep to let them know we're still there, instead of this music?

Thanks
Some of my friend were on hold and they told me the same thing about the music LOL
I think that I nice addition ;)
OHOH
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Obi202
ISP Name: FPL, voip.ms

Re: Music during flash/call-waiting

Post by OHOH »

maximebeauvais wrote:
OHOH wrote:I realized today that the non-active caller when activating call-waiting/flash hears music (kind of like a latin fever feel LOL).

Thanks
Some of my friend were on hold and they told me the same thing about the music LOL
I think that I nice addition ;)
It certainly is, but I think for my purposes a nice simple pause-beep sound (traditional on-hold on-other-line sound) is more appropriate. :D

I'm using an Obi202 and I tried to overwrite this by adding a SIP URI to the MOHServiceNumber, but it didn't work for me (it did for someone else who was troubleshooting this with me simultaneously).

Would be nice if FPL gave us the option to remove this. Or at least modify the choice of music.
ckkatan
Active Poster

Post by ckkatan »

Just want to let everyone know that the call waiting display problem resolved.

I did not think I change any setting. But, I am happy that now the call waiting phone number is displayed.