No Dial Tone FPL

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
colesy
Quiet One
ISP Name: Bell DSL 2mbps
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: 2Wire

No Dial Tone FPL

Post by colesy »

My parents FPL stopped working the other day. We have rebooted the ata multiple times, and I have logged in to verify the settings and all seems to be as it should. They are using the same grandstream ATA that Fongo Home Phone uses. All lights are solid except Phone, which just flashes. I sent support a PM but haven't heard back. We noticed the ATA gets almost too hot to touch when plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas?
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Router: Toastman Tomato

Re: No Dial Tone FPL

Post by Mango »

Please double check that Register Expiration is set to 60. If not, correct it. Then, unplug your ATA for one hour to allow bans to expire and reconnect.

If Register Expiration was already set to 60, the problem must be something else. Please try to change your Local SIP port to 39527. If this works, it indicates the problem was caused by your router.

Let us know if either of these solves the problem. If not, we will troubleshoot further.

I don't use this ATA so I'll leave the question about temperature for someone else to answer.
colesy
Quiet One

Post by colesy »

Thanks for your help. Tried both of those things. Register Expiration: was already set to 60. Tried settings the port and it didn't seem to help. Anything else I can try?
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Router: Toastman Tomato

Post by Mango »

Try to set your 1st and 2nd Preferred DNS Servers to:

Reboot and test. If this doesn't solve the problem, change it back.

Try to change your Primary SIP Server to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060.

Outta ammo.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Post by mh1983 »

Does it have the latest firmware? Specifically, 1.07.3 as listed here: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16292

Side note, I see there's a 1.0.8 version that's been released. http://www.grandstream.com/sites/defaul ... .0.8.2.pdf
colesy
Quiet One

Post by colesy »

We replaced the ATA and set it up, now it's working.. but it seems every morning it stops working until you cycle the power. Is there some sort of timeout setting I missed?