Outbound Call Issue with Bell Home Hub 2000

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
robinluo
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: Cisco IOS Gateway
Firmware Version: 15
ISP Name: Bell FIBE
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: ASA5510+3650

Outbound Call Issue with Bell Home Hub 2000

Post by robinluo »

Hi,

I have been using FPL on Bell FIBE internet for years with no issue. I use a Cisco CME as client with IP phone connect to it.
Recently, Bell switched the modem to a new Home Hub 2000, and FPL outbound stopped working ever since.

By looking into the trace, here is what still works and what does not:

1. SIP register with FPL still works, I can see my FPL number registered.
2. Inbound call works.
3. Outbound call fails. The way how it fails is also interesting, I can see the first SIP invite (with no authentication) sent to FPL, and received a 401 unauthorized challenge, then my device sent INVITE with username and password. The 2nd INVITE did not get any response, and call failed.

Interesting enough, if I use an ATA it works fine with new modem. I don't think this would be FPL issue, but rather something in Bell Home Hub 2000's firmware which I have no idea and no access to check.

Just wondering if anyone has similar setup and how you are able to resolve the issue. I tried using the modem as a layer 2 device with my own router or enable the router feature on Bell home hub 2000, same results.

Thanks in advance.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Outbound Call Issue with Bell Home Hub 2000

Post by Fongo Support »

robinluo wrote:Hi,

I have been using FPL on Bell FIBE internet for years with no issue. I use a Cisco CME as client with IP phone connect to it.
Recently, Bell switched the modem to a new Home Hub 2000, and FPL outbound stopped working ever since.

By looking into the trace, here is what still works and what does not:

1. SIP register with FPL still works, I can see my FPL number registered.
2. Inbound call works.
3. Outbound call fails. The way how it fails is also interesting, I can see the first SIP invite (with no authentication) sent to FPL, and received a 401 unauthorized challenge, then my device sent INVITE with username and password. The 2nd INVITE did not get any response, and call failed.

Interesting enough, if I use an ATA it works fine with new modem. I don't think this would be FPL issue, but rather something in Bell Home Hub 2000's firmware which I have no idea and no access to check.

Just wondering if anyone has similar setup and how you are able to resolve the issue. I tried using the modem as a layer 2 device with my own router or enable the router feature on Bell home hub 2000, same results.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I could be wrong but I think that your issue is caused by incorrect caller ID data being send.

Please refer to the FPL FAQ below for more information:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... -supported

Can you double check this?

if not, you might need to open a ticket with the manufacturer of your device for further diagnostics.

regards,
maximebeauvais
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: OBi110
ISP Name: Bell Fibre 25/25
Router: Bell Home Hub 2000

Re: Outbound Call Issue with Bell Home Hub 2000

Post by maximebeauvais »

I used to be with videotron.

I did the switch to bell around 4 months ago.

They give me the Hub2000.

So what I did:
Unplug my ATA, remove my old router and plug my ATA to one port of the new Hub2000.

Work A1.

Good luck