Recording a Greeting for Callers

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Recording a Greeting for Callers

Postby wwwKris » 12/20/2017

Is it possible to record a greeting with FreePhoneLine.ca numbers rather than having the default message that says: "The person you are trying to reach is not available." Thanks!
wwwKris
Just Passing Thru

Re: Recording a Greeting for Callers

Postby hanke » 12/20/2017

FPL_Voice_stages.jpg
FPL_Voice_stages.jpg (101.69 KiB) Viewed 27314 times

This will show you the steps when dialing in via the *98 making it a little easier to negotiate the menu. Hope this helps.

FPL_Voice_stages.pdf
(96.73 KiB) Downloaded 1737 times
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Postby wwwKris » 12/20/2017

Brilliant, thanks hanke! Was able to use the chart you provided to change the message. I used one of the local access numbers rather than *98 but end result was the same. Thank you very much.
wwwKris
Just Passing Thru

Postby hanke » 12/20/2017

Your quite welcome...enjoy the Holiday Season! I am sure other forum users will find it useful as well.
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Postby Liptonbrisk » 05/16/2018

I've made this thread a sticky. I'm a bit new as a moderator. Hopefully no one objects (if so, my apologies; please feel free to unsticky this thread).
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Fongo Support » 05/17/2018

Liptonbrisk wrote:I've made this thread a sticky. I'm a bit new as a moderator. Hopefully no one objects (if so, my apologies; please feel free to unsticky this thread).

Thanks man!

You are right- this should be a sticky.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Return to Community Support