No In-coimg Calls FLP-Altima Telecom ZTE H268A

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

No In-coimg Calls FLP-Altima Telecom ZTE H268A

Postby FLP_User » 08/09/2020

I am new here and would like to share my experience with a recent ISP change to Altima Telecom in Toronto ON.
After internet is installed, my FLP SPA122 started to not ring and go directly to VM. The SPA122 is set to NAT - DHCP, called Altima Telecom, They were not able / willing to help as I am not their VOIP customer. The only they provided was to look into Port Forward to SPA122.
Port Forward is also new to me and ZTE H268A Port forward page is not user friendly. Help on the page is next to nothing and useless.
Then, found a you tube video about disabling SIP ALG, that did not help either. So I disabled all ALGs in ZTE H268A and FLP start to ring when dialed-in.

FTP ALG = Off
H323 ALG = Off
PPTP ALG = Off
RTSP ALG = Off
SIP ALG = Off
TFTP ALG= Off

I hope this would help as there is nothing I was able to find a simple way to get my FLP phone working.
Thank you,
Attachments
Zte268A_ALG.PNG
Zte268A_ALG.PNG (28.43 KiB) Viewed 6203 times
FLP_User
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5)
ISP Name: Altima Telecom
Computer OS: Win 10 Pro
Router: ZTE H268A

Re: No In-coimg Calls FLP-Altima Telecom ZTE H268A

Postby a320 » 09/06/2020

I just joined Altima telecom in Burlington and have encountered a problem where my FPL calls get dropped at almost exactly the 15 minute mark. The caller hears a busy signal. I also have the ZTE H268A modem/router, but I simply can’t find the ALG settings. Or many other settings like you have displayed in your picture (QOS, local service control etc are all missing). It’s like I have a stripped down version lacking this control. Did you buy or lease this modem? Is there some setting I may be missing?

Thanks.
a320
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obi200
ISP Name: Altima Tel
Computer OS: Win7

Postby Liptonbrisk » 09/06/2020

a320 wrote:It’s like I have a stripped down version lacking this control.

Contact your ISP and ask. If they've blocked assess to those settings in customer UI, then while you're talking to them, also ask if it's possible to perform PPPoE login in another device.

I just joined Altima telecom in Burlington and have encountered a problem where my FPL calls get dropped at almost exactly the 15 minute mark. .

There's a Re-Invite and an acknowledgement (ACK) between your ATA and Freephoneline that needs to occur the 15 minute mark that I suspect is failing. The issue is likely SIP ALG related, but the next time a call drops, login at https://www.freephoneline.ca/doGetCallLogs, select the current month, and click "submit".
See if there's a "disconnect" reason listed. Also, in your Obihai ATA, navigate to Status-->Call History. See if there's anything abnormal listed for the call that drops.

Follow these steps:

1. In your Obihai ATA or at Obitalk.com (whichever one you use; don't use both), navigate to Voice Services-->SP(FPL) Service-->X_UserAgentPort
X_UserAgentPort should be a random port number between 30000 and 60000. Just pick a port number in that range. By using a high random port you help to thwart SIP scanners and may also circumvent a faulty SIP ALG feature in your router.

save settings

2. Navigate to ITSP Profile (FPL)-->SIP-->ProxyServer. Use voip4.freephoneline.ca

a) Set ProxyServerPort to 6060

b) If you're using this guide for your OBi200, which you should, look at the bottom of page 14 and the top of page 15: http://forum.fongo.com/download/file.php?id=2065. The underlined section applies to you.

The purpose of voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 is to bypass SIP ALG in routers.

3. Navigate to Service Providers-->ITSP Profile (FPL)-->SIP
i) ensure X_DiscoverPublicAddress is enabled (it is by default)
ii) enable X_UsePublicAddressInVia (it's not by default)

This helps to ensure the RTP audio stream is sent to your WAN IP instead of your LAN IP (for one-way audio issues).

save settings

4. Proper device reboot order is always modem (wait for it to be fully up before turning on your)-->router (ensure Wi-Fi SSIDs are populated first on your devices)-->ATA (wait for router to be fully up and running before turning on ATA). That's always proper device reboot order. Reboot devices now.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Liptonbrisk » 09/06/2020

FLP_User wrote:They were not able / willing to help as I am not their VOIP customer. The only they provided was to look into Port Forward to SPA122.
Port Forward is also new to me and ZTE H268A Port forward page is not user friendly.

Port forwarding is a security risk, so I'm glad you found that menu. Thanks for sharing.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby FLP_User » 09/06/2020

Hi There,

for Admin login to Altima Telecom ZTE H268A, contact Altima telecom and ask them for pwd for user: Admin
they will give it you.
Once you login under Admin user, you can disable modem/router WIFi and use your own home router for WIFI purposes and also disable all ALG settings:
Navigation to ALG settings:
Altima Telecom ZTE H268A main page --> Internet --> Security --> ALG Tab

I hope this would have helped.

Thank you,
FLP_User
FLP_User
Just Passing Thru

FLP SIP setup on ZTE H268A

Postby FLP_User » 04/21/2021

Hi,
I am wondering if there is a way to utilize ZTE H268A VDSL Modem/Router and SIP ATA,

Thank you,
FLP_User
FLP_User
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support