Using the software

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
jan
Just Passing Thru

Using the software

Post by jan »

I cannot get the software to save my settings of country code and area code , which of course means the automated dialing does not work.Has anyone one else had this problem?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Using the software

Post by FONGO_kris »

Not quite sure what you mean.

Could you elaborate please?

Thanks
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Krazie243
Active Poster

Post by Krazie243 »

The dialing rules for each VoIP account are stored on our server and we can make changes to them there. The softphone is designed primarily for testing purposes and is not given anywhere near enough functionality to operate as a complete system. If you want extra options such as automated dialing and such, unfortunately the free package is not designed to support it. Anything you can accomplish with the softphone is permissable but because it is free we do not have a complex package like what you might find with Skype or such. We do sell the necessary details to configure any ATA or softphone for $50 so if you find a software package that can accomplish what you would like to do, you can purchase those details by calling one of our agents. Perhaps in the future we may upgrade the functionality of the softphone, but for now it remains as a really basic package that exists mostly to make it possible to freely test our lines before paying money.
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University
jan
Just Passing Thru

Post by jan »

Hi I must not have explained it well. When I enter the country and area code under menu set up it will not save I must enter it every time I turn on the phone.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Why do you need to enter this? If you live in Canada and are eligable (in a major city) it should jump to the server immediately.

Please elaborate on why you want/have to enter the country code and area code....

Thanks
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Krazie243
Active Poster

Post by Krazie243 »

I know exactly what you mean as I have witnessed this myself. In fact, immediately after you press save the settings will disappear. I don't know what the intended purpose of this section is. Maybe it just doesn't show you what the current values are. But from the perspective of someone with control over the backend server, I can tell you that the settings that belong in this section exist on our server already. They do not appear to change when you enter numbers into your software package and, so far as I can tell, entering numbers into this section seems fruitless. It might just be something we are working on at the moment. But you need not worry - our country code (1) is already in there but I'm pretty sure the area code is either auto or unchangeable.

If you are having an issue where you need to call 1 before dialing - please let us know and we can check the server to make sure that there isn't a missing entry in your account. If you reach either me (Curtis) or Kris in the Freephoneline tech, we should be able to help you with this.
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University