Roxboro number

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
i777
Just Passing Thru

Roxboro number

Post by i777 »

i have a roxboro number with FPL but it seems there is still some pstn numbers can't call me . when they try to call there is a message ask them to put 1 before the number. when they put 1 the message tell them it is a local number don't put 1 so in both ways they can't contact me. i have some friends that are in montreal before they have the same problem but now they can contact me. my other friends in laval they still have the same problem. i asked them who is your carrier they said they are with teksavvy any help ??
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Roxboro number

Post by FONGO_kris »

That is a Teksavvy issue, I would suggest they call up Teksavvy and give them notice of this issue, by asking to speak with a tier 2 or 3 technical support agent.

I've called Bell several times and what seems to work is when you say something like "This number is local, and it tells me to put a one before the number, just like a long distance call."

We're trying to get this sorted out, but it would greatly speed up the process if all customers who are experiencing this issue would call their providers and explain the situation (local numbers being identified as long distance - even though they are well, local). A big influx of calls of this type will draw their attention to it very quickly, you may want to add that the numbers you are unable to call are from a Fibernetics exchange, and you can't call any of them.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2