Using Freephoneline Service in Serbia

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Using Freephoneline Service in Serbia

Postby sloba.glumac » 03/02/2021

Hi There,
I am a long time Freephoneline customer using Linksys SPA9000 device for VoIP service. Have local 905 number which was ported when I've activated the service.
As remote work continues I was planning to go to Serbia in Europe and stay there for couple of months so, wondering if I can keep the same 905 number, switch Linksys SPA9000 for Android VoIP application and still have the same service when I stay in Serbia? The reason for my question is I was told by somebody who was Freephoneline service user (long time ago) that service wasn't available when that person traveled to some foreign countries.
Not sure if Freephoneline is providing VoIP service in-Canada only or not? I am expecting important calls to be received and made so making sure I can keep the service when I go on the trip will be critical!
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Sloba
sloba.glumac
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA9000
Firmware Version: 2
ISP Name: Distributel
Computer OS: MS Win10
Router: Cisco RV325

Re: Using Freephoneline Service in Serbia

Postby bridonca » 03/02/2021

Freephoneline will do nothing to stop you from using the service in Serbia. You might have issues on the Serbian end though. You do not really have to get rid of the SPA 9000, just get another power supply that works in Serbia. But yeah, a SIP VOIP app on your smart phone will do the job.

If you are expecting critical calls, it is not a risk I would take, unless your internet is really good in Serbia. Voice mail to email is pretty solid though.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Using Freephoneline Service in Serbia

Postby sloba.glumac » 03/03/2021

Thank you very much for a quick reply!
Just to say, I think Freephoneline is a game changer! Love the service. In all the years I am using it only twice I had issues but able to resolve in a matter of minutes!
Really appreciate what Fongo is doing with Freephoneline.
Sloba
sloba.glumac
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA9000
Firmware Version: 2
ISP Name: Distributel
Computer OS: MS Win10
Router: Cisco RV325

Return to Community Support