HT802 Port1 calling out only without calling in rings

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

HT802 Port1 calling out only without calling in rings

Postby Feng.HT802 » 08/08/2021

Hi Friends,

I recently installed a FPL with HT802 phone adapter. HT802 has two phone ports. Firmware is 1.0.27.2. I plan to use one port for home phone and another port for home alarm.

Now port 2 has full function for regular phone with clear voice quality. However, port 1 has a problem. We can call out only without any problem. However, there is no call-in ring.

In order to examine whether there is a hardware or configure issue on port 1, I set port 2 with 'NO Live' to eliminate port 2's influence. Now port 1 can call in and call out.

My question is how to set two ports so that both ports can properly function.

Thanks

Feng.HT802
Feng.HT802
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT802
Firmware Version: 1.0.27.2
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: MS Windowns 10
Router: D-Link

Re: HT802 Port1 calling out only without calling in rings

Postby Liptonbrisk » 08/08/2021

Feng.HT802 wrote:
My question is how to set two ports so that both ports can properly function.

I don't have a Grandstream HT-802, but I don't believe you can have incoming calls ring both ports with one Freephoneline VoIP unlock key. You can with an Obihai OBi202 ATA.
I'm looking at the Grandstream HT-802 Web GUI, and it appears that each separate FXS port requires its own separate SIP registration for incoming rings.

1) With Freephoneline, registration is a requirement for incoming calls. Registration is not a requirement for outgoing calls.

2) Only one registration per FPL account is allowed at any time. If one port is registered, and the other port attempts to register as well using the same FPL account, the previously registered port will lose registration and incoming calls will not ring on it. Only the most recently registered port will work for incoming calls.

3) FPL supports 2 channels; there can be a maximum of two active calls per account only.

You can have one FXS port set for incoming and outgoing calls, but the other FXS port will only work for outgoing calls at the same time if you are using a single FPL VoIP unlock key.

I don't have an HT-802 to test, but if you want to do that (one port works for incoming calls while the other doesn't) I suspect changing these settings for the FXS port you don't want incoming calls to ring on requires the following:

a) change "SIP Registration" to "No", and
b) change "Outgoing Call without Registration" to "Yes"

The other FXS port (the one for incoming calls) should have step "a)" set to "Yes" while step "b)" can be set to "No".

You can have both FXS ports work for outgoing calls, but only one will work for incoming when using the same FPL account.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Feng.HT802 » 08/08/2021

Thank you very much for answering my question.
Since year 2011, I have used voip phone just on one phone number from another phone provider. The phone adapter is SPA122, which has two ports. I used one for regular phone while another port for hope alarm. When I transferred my phone number to FPL, I found that SPA122 was discontinued so I decided to purchased a HT802, which also has two ports. I believe that the port in SPA122 for alarm can be used for regular phone connection.

You said that FPL supports 2 channels. Do you mean that we have set two channels with two phone numbers?

Thanks for help in advance.
Feng.HT802
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT802
Firmware Version: 1.0.27.2
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: MS Windowns 10
Router: D-Link

Postby Liptonbrisk » 08/08/2021

Feng.HT802 wrote:Thank you very much for answering my question.
Since year 2011, I have used voip phone just on one phone number from another phone provider.

They may have allowed more than one SIP registration per account or offered sub accounts.

When I transferred my phone number to FPL, I found that SPA122 was discontinued so I decided to purchased a HT802, which also has two ports.

With Freephoneline, you might be interested in Obihai OBi202, which has more powerful call routing features. Visit viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18805#p76546 for more information.
I am not recommending that you buy one, but if you're interested, you can find more information there.

Visit viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19236&p=75454#p75454 for a related alarm configuration thread using an OBi202.

I believe that the port in SPA122 for alarm can be used for regular phone connection.

That doesn't change the fact that FPL only allows one registration per FPL account and that SIP registration is a requirement for incoming calls.

Only one registration per FPL account is allowed at any time. When you enter your FPL SIP User ID and Authenticate Password for FXS Port 1 and have "SIP Registration" set to "yes", that counts as 1 registration.
If you also enter the exact same FPL SIP User ID and Authenticate Password on FXS Port 2 and have "SIP Registration" set to "yes", that counts as 2 registrations, and that configuration won't work properly with FPL for incoming calls. Only one registration per FPL account is allowed at any time. If one port is registered, and the other port attempts to register as well using the same FPL account, the previously registered port will lose registration and incoming calls will not ring on it. Only the most recently registered port will work for incoming calls.

It's not possible to register the exact same FPL account simultaneously on more than one SPA Line or Grandstream FXS port. Each SPA Line or Grandstream FXS port's SIP registration is considered a separate registration.

Obihai OBi202 has a setting that allows incoming calls to ring both phone ports with a single FPL account registration.

You said that FPL supports 2 channels. Do you mean that we have set two channels with two phone numbers?

No. Each FPL account only supports a single phone number, and you are trying to register the exact same phone number on both ports. That can work for outgoing calls but not incoming.

FPL allows any combination of two simultaneous channels (or calls) at any given time (1 outgoing and 1 incoming; 2 incoming; or 2 outgoing) per FPL number or FPL account.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support