Calls going directly to voicemail with OBi212

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Calls going directly to voicemail with OBi212

Postby dlehtin » 03/19/2022

All incoming calls are going to voicemail?
This is how my system is setup, I have two Obitalk 212's. I also have two FPL unlock keys. I used the Obitalk portal to set up the FPL's. I can call out on both ATA's with FPL, but incoming calls don't ring they go straight to voicemail or disconnect. One FPL has VMail set up. I switched to the Obitalk about 2 years ago.
I don't think it has anything to do with internet connection or ports as I have other providers: Google voice lite, Google voice consumer, Google voice business, Callcentric and Sip2Sip which are all working.
FPL setting on the web following me settings (disabled)
Any help would be appreciated.
dlehtin
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Obitalk
Firmware Version: Latest
Computer OS: Linux
Router: Dlink

Re: Calls going directly to voicemail

Postby Liptonbrisk » 03/19/2022

dlehtin wrote: I used the Obitalk portal to set up the FPL's.

Read pages 6 and 7 from the PDF guide to understand why that's undesirable.
Use this PDF guide fully to setup your accounts properly: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18805#p73839 (the PDF link is located at the bottom of the first post).
The guide applies to your ATA, regardless of 212 being omitted from the title.

I can call out on both ATA's with FPL, but incoming calls don't ring they go straight to voicemail or disconnect.

Refer to the section entitled "Are you getting one way audio issues with an OBi200/202 and Freephoneline? Are incoming calls not ringing?
Can you not hear one side of the conversation (you can hear the caller, but the caller can't hear you or vice
versa)" on pages 40 to 42 of the PDF guide.

Do not use the same X_UserAgentPort value for any SP, and I would not use the same ProxyServer for both FPL ITSP profiles, unless you're forced to use voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 due to a SIP ALG issue.

One FPL has VMail set up.

I don't know what you mean by that since voicemail is enabled by default. It's impossible to turn off FPL's voicemail system.
It's also impossible to never use FPL's voicemail system unless your internet connection never drops, FPL's service never goes down, and your ATA never loses registration with FPL. When calls don't reach the ATA due to lack of registration, the failover is FPL's voicemail system. Blocked calls, using the ATA, also drop automatically to FPL's voicemail system unless you route the call elsewhere.

as I have other providers

Other providers don't necessarily require the same registration timers (FPL forces 3600 second registration intervals; otherwise you run the risk of a temporary IP ban... also pay attention to point D from viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20199#p78976) or handle RTP audio/switch configuration in the same manner.

If you reply to this post, please provide the information requested at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20199.

Note that registration is a requirement for incoming calls but not for outgoing. Incoming calls using ATAs that have lost registration with FPL's proxy servers will drop to voicemail.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support