Charge for Followme within free calling area?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Charge for Followme within free calling area?

Postby Erft » 11/15/2022

I just got a mobile phone and would like to forward calls going to my home phone (Freephoneline) to my mobile phone when I'm out and about. But when I looked for more information on Followme, it says "You can forward to any North American number with a per minute rate of $0.03 per minute or less. "

So it looks like if I want to forward a call from my home phone to my mobile, even if I'm just down the street, it's going to cost me money. Is this correct?
Erft
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 (015)
ISP Name: Teksavvy, cable
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: SPA122, LAN, 2 FXS

Re: Charge for Followme within free calling area?

Postby Jake » 11/15/2022

That's referring to any number that is not on the free calling areas, mainly the US I would suggest.
The "or less" bit includes free!! :)

Your cell company might charge you for incoming calls of course, depending on your plan.

Make note of the last point, it trips a few people up -
Call Forwarding settings will be automatically reset (turned off) for accounts which have not been used to place an outgoing call for 30 days, FreePhoneLine accounts are not intended to be used primarily as a call forwarding service.

If you are worried about it still, if you don't have world credits on your account, they can't charge you.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Charge for Followme within free calling area?

Postby Erft » 11/16/2022

Thank you.
Erft
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 (015)
ISP Name: Teksavvy, cable
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: SPA122, LAN, 2 FXS

Return to Community Support