Home Phone does not ring on incoming calls

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Home Phone does not ring on incoming calls

Postby Technomama79 » 06/04/2009

Hi all,
Since I have setup my ata with freephoneline I have not been able to hear my phone ring on incoming calls. I can call out and receive voicemail just cant hear incoming rings. I have tried just about everything from:
- trying it with a different phone
- Setting the ringer louder/softer on my phone
- playing with the frequency/voltage/ringer settings on my ata (currently frequency at 52, voltage at 90, ringer at trapezoid)
- enabling 5060-5061 ports on my router
- disabling firewall on my router/anti-virus
- updating firmware on my router and ata
- factory reset of router/ata

My ata is a sipura 1001 and it is from China, and my router is a cisco linksys wrt54g2

Does anybody else have problems with the ata's made in China? I am hoping that updating the firmware has reset it to North American settings...? I have tried everything along with help from the freephoneline technicians and nothing is working...please help!
Technomama79
One Hit Wonder

Re: Home Phone does not ring on incoming calls

Postby amitmeh » 06/05/2009

forward ports 13001 and 13000 and set Qos to highest priority to these ports (including 5060). This should fix the problem.
amitmeh
Quiet One

Re: Home Phone does not ring on incoming calls

Postby Krazie243 » 06/10/2009

One way calling is solved usually by one of two methods:

Enabling port UDP 5060 and UDP 5061 on a router
Making sure your device is the only device logged in using that VoIP number
(in other words, if you also have the FPL softphone, uninstall it)

Many people try the TCP ports rather than the UDP ports on their router and others will leave the FPL softphone on their computer from before they got their configuration file. Two devices can login to the same VoIP number but the problem here is that only one will receive incoming calls - and that will be the most recent one to log in. If neither of these solutions help, feel free to give our tech support a call or email support@freephoneline.ca
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University
Krazie243
Active Poster

Return to Community Support