Problems

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Problems

Postby GSP » 09/13/2009

I just registered and installed the softphone today and I am already having issues.

First of all, in the softphone, if I click on Menu and Settings nothing happens. Secondly, if I try to do the Test Connection from the softphone, a window appears and then nothing seems to happen.

Now for the connection ... I did my own testing to see what happens if I call someone. First of all, if I hit a number which has a voicemail, I hear a "doing" sound which I presume means that the call has been answered and then I sometimes get nothing but dead air and other times I can hear it.

I tried to set up my voicemail greeting but for some reason the system can't hear me ... same goes for when I make a call. I know the headset/mic is working as I have it working with other programs.

Can someone help me out?

I am running under Vista 64 and have a D-Link DIR-655 router.

Thanks.
Gary
GSP
Just Passing Thru

Re: Problems

Postby FONGO_kris » 09/14/2009

When you access the VM it goes directly to our server, therefore, if your router is blocking the FPL application or ATA (UDP Ports 13000,13001, and 5060 - 6061) voice mail and general call audio will not be picked up,

As for the testing, there is a button to the bottom right-ish area that says test- Click that ;)
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Postby GSP » 09/14/2009

I managed to get the audio working and it appears that it was an issue with my microphone and the ports on the router.

I don't see any button on the screen that says "Test" but I guess it doesn't matter since things are working now.

There is still the matter of the "Settings" as when I click on it, nothing happens.

Thanks.
Gary
GSP
Just Passing Thru

Postby FONGO_kris » 09/14/2009

Sounds good, minus the menu button. I'll look into this one for you.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Return to Community Support