Incoming ring is weird

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
anger77
Just Passing Thru

Incoming ring is weird

Post by anger77 »

Hello,

I can receive incoming calls, but my ring is weird.

I don't know what's the problem,
maybe just a bad settings?

Thank you
anger77
Just Passing Thru

Re: Incoming ring is weird

Post by anger77 »

I'll try to be more precise on the weird ring.

The phone ring but the ring seems to be cut after maybe 0.5 seconds and restart rapidly.
It's not a normal ring. I don't know how to explain it but it's like if someone call and hang up
immediately over and over again.

Hope it's more precise.

Thank you
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

This is the incoming ring is it not?

Check your ring voltage and frequency and if you have any more questions feel free to email our admin support team bellow.

Thanks
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
anger77
Just Passing Thru

Post by anger77 »

Ring Frequency: 52
Ring Voltage: 90

This is my configuration. What should i set these setting?

Thank you
anger77
Just Passing Thru

Post by anger77 »

Ok, i found the right settings.

I have to put these settings to have it work fine.

Ring Frequency: 20
Ring Voltage: 85

Thank you for your help.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Awesome,

Good to hear you got it resolved anger77, we do suggest Ring Tone & Voltage to be 52/90 but if you find that other settings work better with say your Sipura SPA2000, or Motorola VT1005S (or other Linksys or DLink ATA's) Then you may use those as well.

Also, if you find the Frequency and Voltage (General Ring Tone) to be annoying or bothersom you can change it to whatever you want as long as it works.

Thanks
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ececon
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: DLink DIR-300

Post by ececon »

I've just recently bought my configuration for my Linksys PAP2T-NA ATA and was able to make it work with my Philips model id937 phone. I can make and receive calls. However, the incoming ring has also a weird behavior. I usually get the following behaviors:

1. The phone will ring between 5 to 7 times (normally, with called id on the screen) and then show a missed call alert, then 3 seconds later will start ringing again (no caller id) until the caller gets voicemail. This behavior happens maybe 60% of the time.
2. The phone will show caller id and, before the first ring comes, displays mised call alert. A few seconds later, it starts ringing again (no caller id) until the caller gets voicemail. This behavior happens maybe 20% of the time.
3. The phone will ring normally until the caller gets voicemail (this case is actually the normal behavior). This behavior happens 20% of the time.

Note that when #1 or #2 happens, if I try to get the call (pressing the talk button) after the missed call alert shows (assuming that the caller still hears ringing sounds), the call gets connected and I can talk normally (so it seems that this is exclusively a ringing issue).

I've alreary tried the following values for frequency/voltage: 52/90, 40/55 and 20/85. The behavior seems the same regardless of these changes. On the box / manual of my phone, I didn't find any specs regarding frequency / voltage.

Any clues?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Our backend is globally assigning the ring times so I would assume if you were having an issue, so would everyone else.

Best guess off the top of my head is that it's your phone for now until I can either test one here or hear back from you.
Kris
mohnashaat
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Linksys spa-3102
ISP Name: ADSL Acanac
Router: D-Link DIR-615
Smartphone Model: HTC Wildfire S

Post by mohnashaat »

check the ring type, sometimes it is by default trapezoid, i think u should change it to sinusoid
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Yepp -- Check your phone as well, I assume it's digital so it has only a set range unlike the analog phones with a metal rod inside.
Kris
ececon
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: DLink DIR-300

Post by ececon »

About the ring type, I'm using sinusoid. As my phone is digital, I also assume there is a set range I should use for frequency and voltage, but I can't find any information about that on the box / manuals / google (it's a Philips model id937). I believe I'll have to try other combinations of frequency / voltage until I find one that works...

I'll also try to get another phone for testing to confirm it's a phone device problem.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Try and standard analog phone, they work best with testing purposes. Less to worry about etc...
Kris